Hull Bay

CroozeNoob

We are looking at going to Hull bay when we get to Saint Thomas at the end of August for the day, and we were wondering how readily available a taxi is both to and from Hull Bay. I have seen people say getting a taxi back is kind of a challenge, and we definitely don't want to get stranded out there.

That is what I had figured. Car rental will be around $100... Or we could both rent motorcycles, which is pretty high up on our list of things to do. Are there any recommended motorcycle rental companies?

On 1/24/2024 at 9:34 AM, Ms411 said:

There is at least one scooter rental company near the Havensight dock. Best to check reviews and go with your gut. I haven't rented a scooter.

I've rented a scooter!! A couple of times just not on St. Thomas, I rented one on Antigua twice. Great way to see any island. I drink too much on St. Thomas to rent or drive anythingšŸ„“šŸ˜ but I highly recommend it. Lots of fun pretty safe all things considered and you can go anywhere riding one of those things. If you don't drink very much, I highly recommend zipping around the island on a scooter. šŸŒŸšŸŒŸšŸŒŸšŸŒŸ

Driving a scooter on St Thomas is more challenging than Antigua because of the hilly terrain. The scooters on St Thomas aren't very powerful either. Be very careful!

6 minutes ago, Ms411 said:

Driving a scooter on St Thomas is more challenging than Antigua because of the hilly terrain. The scooters on St Thomas aren't very powerful either. Be very careful!

More challenging?? It would be a nightmare going up and around all the "hilly terrain" on St. Thomas.Ā 

I should have mentioned I would only recommend something like this to experienced riders and still then it's dicey. Thanks Ms411šŸ¤œšŸ¤›

There was one scooter biz that used to make the customers maneuver in the parking lot so he could assess their skills. He also directed them to a route that isn't usually as busy with traffic. Unfortunately that biz closed.

Ā 

They've been upgrading the infrastructure in Hull Bay area these last few years, so road is much better now.

Another thing and this gets back to the "hilly terrain" you mentioned Ms411 With backpack I'm close to 300lbs. 6'6 inches tall.šŸ˜‚ You should see me on a scooter. It's funnier than you think it is!!

I ride alot small motor bikes and have built them. Your going to need a scooter that's going to navigate those hills and roley poley roads. As much fun as I've had driving scooters it never occurred to me to drive one around on St. Thomas.Ā 

That's a new one.šŸ˜Ž

Btw could you imagine going up and down into Magens Bay on a scooter.šŸ˜²

OMG that's really funny. I'm so focused on getting alcohol and going to a beach I couldn't drive a tricycle.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸŒŸšŸŒŸšŸŒŸšŸŒŸ