If you were planning to do a longer caribbean cruise, which ship would you pick?

kaz828

27 minutes ago, kaz828 said:

We are still open on itinerary but want to have lots to do beyond the ports on a longer cruise

Define longer... 10 days or more?  B2B? Any particular area?  Western? Eastern?  Any particular embarkation port? 

Question is a bit broad.  Are you only considering NCL ships?  I'm not a beach person but I do go on Caribbean cruises because my husband loves the beach.  Our compromise is to pick a ship that I'm happy with so I am interested in what people think about your question.  We are looking seriously at the Escape for next winter out of NYC but I would assume you prefer to embark in Florida. 

It depends upon the ship options and available room types. I’ve never been on the Getaway, but probably that one in a Haven aft, due to the open air courtyard and the large balcony.

Edited by FLcruisergrl

many of the caribbean itineraries are similar if not identical, depending in the cruise length. what i mean by that is that you can find more than one ship - at different times of the year - doing very similar itineraries. the OP indicates that this will likely be a longer cruise. so it really does come down to the ship. i'd recommend the joy, simply because i believe it to be one of NCL's best run ships, with a string executive leadership team, a good selection of restaurants and a good mix of indoor and outdoor spaces.