Brazilian visa

donnaree

I am getting so many conflicting responses to this dilemma. I know that Brazil changed its visa requirements so that you do not need a visa if you arrive before April 10. I am arriving April 7. However, I am boarding a cruise ship on April 10 and will go to several ports in Brazil. If I’m going into a port, will they ask me for a visa or did I stay in Brazil? 

E-Visa said I definitely need a visa if I’m going to different ports. Visa central said, no, and refunded my payment of $600. Norwegian cruise line said they didn’t know.

hey cruisey! believe me i tried. ivsa wanted almost $400 for me and my wife, evisa wont let me get through the 1st page. one of the things they want filled in is "OTP' i have no idea how to fill this in/ nor how to get this. i did find out that it stands for 1 time (and i forgot what the p stands for.

you're a travel agent, and by previous posts, i understand you do this for friends and close family members, but i beseech you for one time, can you slightly move out of your comfort zone and "HELP"

2 minutes ago, complawyer said:

hey cruisey! believe me i tried. ivsa wanted almost $400 for me and my wife, evisa wont let me get through the 1st page. one of the things they want filled in is "OTP' i have no idea how to fill this in/ nor how to get this. i did find out that it stands for 1 time (and i forgot what the p stands for.

you're a travel agent, and by previous posts, i understand you do this for friends and close family members, but i beseech you for one time, can you slightly move out of your comfort zone and "HELP"

Click "Send OTP" after filling the form out. You'll receive a "one-time password" to your email or your phone number that you need to enter in that blank spot. Now...payment...that'll be a free drink when we cruise together. 🙂 

I wasn't aware it was as expensive as it is, but I think I would get one anyway to be on the safe side. That is, if I could fill it in properly... If @complawyer is having problems, what chances do I have?! 😮  (Fortunately, being Swedish I don't need one. Yet... The US ESTA seems a lot easier than this!)

8 minutes ago, complawyer said:

tried that, didnt  work. also the form wont show a "country code" although i know it's 1

by the way, as far as the drink goes, we have a deal!

So....the first time I went to the visa site, the same thing didn't happen. I did go back in Google Chrome and was able to get the country code. I just tried getting the OTP. It did come through. See a screenshot (not that it's the one for you, but it does work). 

image.thumb.png.5769240144f7bb039dc73744624e89e0.png

Here's a link to the Contact Us page which has a phone number for the USA: https://brazil.vfsevisa.com/contact-us