Aft Cabin question

I have an aft cabin on the starboard side I believe on the Freedom of the Seas 10-08-06. I know the FOS hasn't sailed yet but what are opinions of aft cabins. This is the first cruise on Royal Carribean would appreciate any insight one could offer on this subject. Are the balconies roomy or small??? Is it a bumpy ride in an aft cabin etc etc etc. Once again any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Curtis

Does the cabin face the wake of the ship? If it doesn't, it's simply in the aft potion, not an aft cabin. The cabins on the sides of the ship--no matter how far back, all have the standard balconies. It's the rooms at the very rear that have the larger balconys. On most ships, there is some vibration in the aft of the ship. The center or midships, is the most stable.

Aft is better than foward IMHO. If you have high seas, you will notice it more forward. Balcony sizes depend on what catagory you have. Aft baclonies [on back of the ship] generally have bigger balconies. Also, aft cabins are nearer the food. Very important to me.

Rollie

Archived