Advice - transportation Southampton to London after cruise

3 minutes ago, Dohmacc said:

Should I ask the cab take us to Moorgate station off Moorfields (instead of Liverpool Street) and that will be dropped off near that Cards Galore store on the corner, but walk forward and enter the Underground from this big entrance:

And once inside, we'll be able to easily navigate to the Elizabeth line, right?

Yes, that's what I would do. That entrance is primarily for the Elizabeth Line, so it'll be really easy once you get inside the gate line.

@Dohmacc Do note that there are (normally) six Elizabeth line trains an hour to Heathrow, but only two serve T5.

If, when you arrive on the platform at Liverpool Street, the first Heathrow train is to T4 rather than T5, it might be quicker to catch it anyway, get off at Heathrow Central and wait on the same platform for the first train to T5 (which might be a Heathrow Express but that’s fine, your ticket’s still valid).

On 7/4/2024 at 1:08 PM, Globaliser said:

Yes, that's what I would do. That entrance is primarily for the Elizabeth Line, so it'll be really easy once you get inside the gate line.

Perfect thanks!

5 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

@Dohmacc Do note that there are (normally) six Elizabeth line trains an hour to Heathrow, but only two serve T5.

If, when you arrive on the platform at Liverpool Street, the first Heathrow train is to T4 rather than T5, it might be quicker to catch it anyway, get off at Heathrow Central and wait on the same platform for the first train to T5 (which might be a Heathrow Express but that’s fine, your ticket’s still valid).

Great tip thank you!

I'll be sure to check in after my trip in a few weeks to let everyone know how everything went! Much appreciated!