Free At Sea - Children's package

Mullahoy

Help needed - first time with NCL! I'm travelling with my 8-year son and we've booked the free at sea package. I've read that kids can eat at the speciality restaurants from the kids menu without using up a dining credit, and there's no doubt he would prefer chicken nuggets over a steak, so can I use his credits on another meal for me?

Also, the soda package looks pretty useless (I don't think anyone on board wants him hopped up on unlimited coca cola), can I get juice or non-alcoholic cocktails with his free at sea package?

Thanks in advance!

Answer to both is unfortunately no. The dining credits are tied to each person so his credits cannot be given to you. However I do believe there are several places where he might very well enjoy the meals. Italian restaurant for pizza/pasta. Seafood restaurant for fish and chips for example. 

Non alcoholic cocktails or juice does not belong to the soda package and cannot be substituted for the sodas. There is some free juice/lemonade/ice tea available from the buffet. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

I upgraded to the Premium package because even though I don’t drink alcohol, the upgrade includes soda, juice, mocktails, and water. 

The upgrade worked out to only $34/day... for me, an adult... at least chronology, lol... I'll easily drink enough non-alcoholic beverages in a day to cover that cost... especially when compared to what they charge ala carte for those items.

Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Daruma said:

I upgraded to the Premium package because even though I don’t drink alcohol, the upgrade includes soda, juice, mocktails, and water. 

The upgrade worked out to only $34/day... for me, an adult... at least chronology, lol... I'll easily drink enough non-alcoholic beverages in a day to cover that cost... especially when compared to what they charge ala carte for those items.

Just a thought.

The UDP comes with soda and mock tails, water is fine from the tap or buffet (or you can purchase it), juice is free in the buffet. When I’ve had the FAS and ordered frozen drinks for my kids (and obviously for them), I wasn’t charged). 

16 hours ago, Mullahoy said:

Help needed - first time with NCL! I'm travelling with my 8-year son and we've booked the free at sea package. I've read that kids can eat at the speciality restaurants from the kids menu without using up a dining credit, and there's no doubt he would prefer chicken nuggets over a steak, so can I use his credits on another meal for me?

Also, the soda package looks pretty useless (I don't think anyone on board wants him hopped up on unlimited coca cola), can I get juice or non-alcoholic cocktails with his free at sea package?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The dining package is linked to individuals. Passenger 1 and 2 in the stateroom will get the package. And must be used by each person. So, you can not (technically) use your son's dining credit. 

You can order off the Kids Menu in any restaurant. Best to let your waiter know as soon as you sit down because sometimes the food needs to come from a different galley 

Technically, you can not get mocktails for your son,,, but if you order a virgin strawberry daiquiri and your son accidentally drinks it, no one will really care. 

image.thumb.png.6cd7679a3998be3b163ad1098f7a5982.png

• Like 1

Thanks all - really helpful! I may buy a couple of extra speciality dining for me alone and he can tag along with the kids menu, but will wait to see if my bid is successful for a Haven upgrade first - wish me luck!