Hotels in Barcelona

Tallante

Hotel Barcelona Catedral.  Clean, quiet, on the edge of the gothic quarter, and a 5 minute walk to Las Ramblas.  It is surrounded by non-touristy places to eat.

Over the years I have spent quite a bit of time in BCN for both business and leisure.  My go to is Hotel Neri.  Excellent location and the service is impeccable, but also warm and personable.  The only possible drawback in my mind is that it is in a narrow alleyway, which means you need to walk your luggage a few yards to get to a more passable street for pick up, but also means it is quiet.

If you’d like to be by the sea the Hotel Arts is lovely particularly if you book a seaview room.  If you want to be in the middle of the city I like the Mandarin Oriental which is a great location.  Of course Hotel Arts is only a short taxi ride away.

• Like 1

We stayed at Eurostars Grand Marina in the port area at the foot of Avenida Parallel and La Rambla. . Easy walks to public transit, beach area. Modern, fairly expensive, value for money. Great breakfasts. Best to book on their website. Cab to ship took only minutes. 

Less expensive, nice hotel?  Try an H - Hotel. Chain headquartered in Barcelona.  Great locations. 

https://www.h-hotels.com/en. Pro tip:  check out on a map how far the Metro station is, if you see yourself scooting around the city using public transit. 

If you are looking for an apartment hotel with a little kitchen, Capri by Fraser provided an excellent experience for us this past September.

Thank you all for your suggestions.  None of these hotels mentioned have come up in Booking.com search.  We only need a hotel for one night,  flying Madrid to Barcelona arriving 18.45.   We are boarding The Quest the following day.   Our must go to visit is the Sagrada Familia , we haven’t been for many years.  

i shall start looking at your suggestions.  

6 hours ago, wdpmd said:

Hotel Barcelona Catedral.  Clean, quiet, on the edge of the gothic quarter, and a 5 minute walk to Las Ramblas.  It is surrounded by non-touristy places to eat.

Booked, thank you.

3 hours ago, Tallante said:

Thank you all for your suggestions.  None of these hotels mentioned have come up in Booking.com search.  We only need a hotel for one night,  flying Madrid to Barcelona arriving 18.45.   We are boarding The Quest the following day.   Our must go to visit is the Sagrada Familia , we haven’t been for many years.  

i shall start looking at your suggestions.  

If you book a reservation for Sagrada Familia, even day of the visit, you can bypass what can be very long lines.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mahogany said:

If you book a reservation for Sagrada Familia, even day of the visit, you can bypass what can be very long lines.

That’s my next thing to do,  thank you.

9 minutes ago, Tallante said:

That’s my next thing to do,  thank you.

They are not available until one month in advance,  do you have an estimate of how long the tour lasts?