Patio pool on Excel class?

bg2310

I made this thread since I have conflicting information. As I'm sure most of you know, the patio pool is located on the aft of Deck 8 on the Excel class ships. However, I cannot figure out if indeed it is open to everyone or not.

It sounds like it is based off the searches and research I have done, as there is a separate area and pool for the Havana (also on deck 8) on the deck plans I saw. Yet after calling CCL directly and speaking with a customer service rep she put me on hold to call another team to clairfy. They apparently told her "everything on deck 8" is part of the Havana experience.

I mentioned what I had found, and she said that this was the information she was given, but it could be different on-board depending on how they enforce things.

So, my question is for those who have sailed one or some of the Excel class ships, which is true?

I would like to access the patio pool at the aft of the ship, as I will be sailing the Celebration in April and the Jubilee January 2025. But, on the Vista class the pool located there is only for Havana guests. 

The aft pool at Summer Landing on deck 8 is open to everyone. Havana area has its own pool. There is a LOT on deck 8 and most of it certainly is not part of the Havana experience. Even the inside Havana bar is open to all. There's a separate bar behind that exclusively for Havana guests.

Edited by Knights on the Beach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

The aft pool at Summer Landing on deck 8 is open to everyone. Havana area has its own pool. There is a LOT on deck 8 and most of it certainly is not part of the Havana experience. Even the inside Havana bar is open to all. There's a separate bar behind that exclusively for Havana guests.

Thank you for the confirmation and clarification. The lady did not seem to know at all one way or another. 

I am glad to have found out. On the Vista maybe it would be worth getting a Havana cabin for the access. Not so for this class since it's not required! Yay! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

The Havana pool is much smaller on Excel ships. It does look nicer (and bigger) on Vista, but we haven't stayed in the Havana area on any ship because we like to book our rooms on Lido deck. We love Mardi Gras & Celebration and will be on Vista in April. Have fun on your upcoming cruises!

• Like 1

I always say that us CC folks know more about a Carnival ship than those folks who answer the phone at Carnival.  That is why it is a good idea to ask a question on Cruise Critic!  I have the Jubilee booked for Dec. 2024 and can't wait to get in the hot tub at Summer Landing.  I have a funny feeling that hubby and I will go out there first thing in the morning and not leave until late in the day.  The hot tubs, pool and view look very inviting. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

The Havana pool is much smaller on Excel ships. It does look nicer (and bigger) on Vista, but we haven't stayed in the Havana area on any ship because we like to book our rooms on Lido deck. We love Mardi Gras & Celebration and will be on Vista in April. Have fun on your upcoming cruises!

Fair enough. And thanks, have fun yourselves on the Vista!

I am actually looking at sailing on the Vista myself summer 2025 in time for Celebration Key!

7 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

I always say that us CC folks know more about a Carnival ship than those folks who answer the phone at Carnival.  That is why it is a good idea to ask a question on Cruise Critic!  I have the Jubilee booked for Dec. 2024 and can't wait to get in the hot tub at Summer Landing.  I have a funny feeling that hubby and I will go out there first thing in the morning and not leave until late in the day.  The hot tubs, pool and view look very inviting. 

It appears that is the case haha I will just come here from now on anytime I have a question. After searching Google first of course, since usually it finds old threads on here in questions I search!

Have fun on the Jubilee! I am sooo excited for my own sailing on her. I imagine that Summer Landing will be our new favorite place, replacing the Tides Pool & spas area on the other ships since on the Panorama we were not able to access the pool at the aft since it's part of the Havana experience on the Vista class.

We were disappointed, but very much looking forward to getting into it now on this class. Especially given it seems it's not all that busy either, if most people are using the pools/spas on Lido instead! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bg2310 said:

We were disappointed, but very much looking forward to getting into it now on this class. Especially given it seems it's not all that busy either, if most people are using the pools/spas on Lido instead! 

I've seen it get pretty busy in the afternoons, but usually fairly quiet in the mornings or on port days. The pools are always too cold for me, but I do like the hot tubs in that area. The Lido pools/hot tubs are almost always a mad house. 😂

• Like 1