Test kitchen 😂

11 hours ago, WatermelonSugarHigh said:

We got the small Seafood Tower at The Wake and it was incredible

this may be a controversial opinion here, but every time i've gotten the seafood tower, i've been unimpressed (i get them for free as a perk, so i'm not just paying over and over again and expecting a different result - they're there, they're free, and i'm going to pick on them if they're on the table).  the lobster has been rubbery and waterlogged, and the shrimp have frequently been meh.  i grew up in new england, so i know seafood, and this briney, waterlogged ick was not good.

LMAO at people criticizing this guy's opinion on a website with the word "Critic" in it. Not all of us us are VV fanboys/fangirls and just offer our own opinion based on previous experience. I tried TK 2 years ago on our voyage and felt the same way he did. It was my least favorite meal of the entire time on board. I'm hoping on next week's voyage that it's improved, but not holding my breath. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WatermelonSugarHigh said:

I disagree. I found nothing about it “out there” or new. I think most people understand that an egg yolk and frozen peas aren’t an innovation. Pâté can be purchased at Wegmans in the cheese case. And filet with blueberries and cocoa have been a foodie trend in the UK for years. It wasn’t edgy enough to be considered innovative. 

So speaks someone out of touch with rural America, where I can assure you that an egg yolk and peas with smoke would be considered outlandish. My in-laws from NW Ohio wanted the recipe for "sliced tomatoes with mozzarella and balsamic vinegar" the last time they visited us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/30/2024 at 1:33 PM, jon81uk said:

Yeah I don’t think they are quite shot size, just probably about half a normal cocktail; so you get equivalent of three drinks across the 90 minute meal which is about right and feels about right for $40 compared to drinks on the ship.

Not my experience. 

Is there anyway to find out immediately on boarding which menu Test Kitchen is serving why h days so that dinner reservations can be juggled? Appreciate all the opinions on here, but I am excited to try Test Kitchen and want to make sure I get Menu A as it's labeled on these forums.

13 minutes ago, sfspider said:

Is there anyway to find out immediately on boarding which menu Test Kitchen is serving why h days so that dinner reservations can be juggled? Appreciate all the opinions on here, but I am excited to try Test Kitchen and want to make sure I get Menu A as it's labeled on these forums.

There is a dining crew in Razzle Dazzle to help.  The other alternative is to go to Test Kitchen at 6pm on the first night and ask--if you don't have the A menu, they can move your reservation there...or at least they did for us.

I had booked the B menu twice based on what Shoreside Sailor Services told me.  But the guy at the podium was able to swap my second B with another restaurant and put us in TK on an A night.

2 hours ago, sfspider said:

it will be displayed at the host stand, only way to find out for future nights it to ask at host stand of Test Kitchen.