Another Live from the Oosterdam? 1/29-2/20

4 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thank you so much. Based on your experience, do you think it possible to just hire someone to take us hiking as we get off the ship? What would you expect for pricing? 

I'm not sure which sailing you're on but if you are not on the January 6th sailing you could try contacting Diego Joel Giles mentioned upthread in Ushiria. He is a taxi driver not a guide.

I've booked him for our visit on 1/13/25. He will transport you to trailheads of your choice and wait for you. He has been very responsive so far in our planning. 4 hrs for $180 USD for up to 4 people. 3 hrs for $150. This per car not per person.

• Thanks 1

@BermudaBound2014  I was all about the penguins, not hiking.  My favorite tour was with adventurefalklands.com (formerly Patrick Watts' company, now owned Shaun Jaffray)  I also enjoyed a completely different penguin experience with reservaelpedral.com in Puerto Madryn

As far as hiking, in Ushuaia we used almacalma.net for an excellent tour of Tierra del Fuego (contact Nicolas Wolaniuk). In Puerto Montt puertomontt-excursiones.com  (contact Denis Purtov) 

Let me know if I can help in any other way

• Thanks 1

Thankyou SOOOO much. I am already booked with both Shaun Jaffrey and reservaelpedral (and also the ship tour in Puerta Arenas to burn the OBC) so that is three solid days of penguins. Now I need to add hiking :). 

On 7/4/2024 at 10:01 PM, Sea42 said:

I'm not sure which sailing you're on but if you are not on the January 6th sailing you could try contacting Diego Joel Giles mentioned upthread in Ushiria. He is a taxi driver not a guide.

I've booked him for our visit on 1/13/25. He will transport you to trailheads of your choice and wait for you. He has been very responsive so far in our planning. 4 hrs for $180 USD for up to 4 people. 3 hrs for $150. This per car not per person.

Hi there! I am on the Jan 6th departure. Are you hiking with Diego? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Thankyou SOOOO much. I am already booked with both Shaun Jaffrey and reservaelpedral (and also the ship tour in Puerta Arenas to burn the OBC) so that is three solid days of penguins. Now I need to add hiking :). 

Hi there! I am on the Jan 6th departure. Are you hiking with Diego? 

Yes we are but calling it "hiking" is a stretch. I hike, my husband walks so on this outing walking it is!

• Thanks 1