Undersold private island Cabanas and Beach Beds

At current prices I'm not interested in the Beach beds or Cabanas but I'm wonder if anyone has experience showing up on the day of and just seeing if there is any "deal" to be had.  Rather than have it sit empty has Royal ever discounted these sorts of things, either on board the ship at the Shorex desk or on the island, once you are there?

Edited by Tree_skier

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

At current prices I'm not interested in the Beach beds or Cabanas but I'm wonder if anyone has experience showing up on the day of and just seeing if there is any "deal" to be had.  Rather than have it sit empty has Royal ever discounted these sorts of things, either on board the ship at the Shorex desk or on the island, once you are there?

I asked and was told as a TA I might get 20% off.  Even Royal employees only get slightly more.

They want to maintain pricing integrity.  If word gets out that they are giving day of discounts then people won't book.

Same scenario as holding fast on dropping last minute prices that they stopped a few years back (covid ecluded)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were at the Beach Club last July and started chatting with a couple.  He was interested in an over the water cabana.  I went with him to the stand and he asked what discount.  They offered 20%.  He countered with 40% and they agreed to 30%.  I was very surprised they did that.  Maybe it was because it was mid morning and we had already had a rain storm.  They graciously invited us to join them and since I’d never pay for one we did.

I’m probably a weirdo, because I really didn’t like it.  I’d rather have the pool and sand.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1