Does the Bow's upper deck on Quantum Of The Seas' have unobstructed views for photography of the Alaskan Landscape?

From what I remember, and I believe we are talking about the same spot, the whole upper deck near the bow is all plexi glass barriers. We just did an Alaskan cruise in September and clearly remember looking through plexi glass and taking pictures between the barriers. 

The bow?  No unobstructed views forward on this class except from the bridge wings off the solarium.

On that other site I didn't realize you were looking at forward views.  

I've done this class to many bucket list destinations such as Alaska twice, New Zealand and Hawaii.  The best view are from the suite sun deck where it is very easy to move from port to starboard to port.  The exception is Odyssey where this deck is the teen play area.

The bow area on the pool deck is where the solarium is.  Great forward views but through glass.   The bridge wings are outdoors but small and popular so crowded any time there is something to see.  

One deck up on the jogging track the track goes through a deep channel with steel walls in the forward area so there is no view forward or not much of one.

A tripod on an outer deck is not going to work well in Alaska.  I'm a bit of a photographer myself so I have some concept.  Anywhere with something to see the railings will be packed.  People will be two or three deep.  Consuming a lot of deck space with a tripod isn't going to work well.  I shoot handheld using optical steady lens to assist.  A monopod is doable more so over a tripod, at least at the popular places that everyone wants to see.   

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

I might have to get up really really early and get a spot right at the railing, I can brace myself against it and have two points of contact. Depending on the weather...My camera is not a low light friendly. My cellphone will be my backup.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm a bit of a photographer myself 

A "bit"??? Twangster you are the best ever on this forum 👍

(You should post one of your time lapse videos and/or a couple of photos 😉)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1