Diamond Membership "Tasting Menu" meal

pirate4me2

Hello!

I did not realize that I will actually be diamond level on my next MSC cruise. Whoo hoo! I see that one of the perks is a complimentary specialty restaurant "tasting menu" meal, and I have a few questions if those of you that have experience do not mind answering.

1. I see it says per stateroom....so my mom will be Gold level on the next cruise, am I able to take her with me, or am I the only one that gets the complimentary meal?

2. Is this a one time only benefit, or is it for each voyage we sail with MSC?

3. What is the "tasting menu"? Does anyone have any pics of it? Is it just Butcher's Cut and Ocean Cay, or are other restaurants also available? 

Thanks for any assistance/info you can offer! 

Is your mom in your stateroom? If so, you can take her with you and she is covered. If not, then she would have to pay to join you (or you could pay for her).

The benefit can be used each voyage.

I will see if I can dig up my pics of the Butcher's Cut and Ocean Cay menus.

• Like 1

Make sure to book the Diamond meal as soon as you board.  Often times you'll find dinner time slots are fully booked or with limited availability.  We've elected for lunches on our last 2 cruises.  One lunch was on the 2nd day at Ocean Cay.  We had the whole place to ourselves.  Very enjoyable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Selion said:

Make sure to book the Diamond meal as soon as you board.  Often times you'll find dinner time slots are fully booked or with limited availability.  We've elected for lunches on our last 2 cruises.  One lunch was on the 2nd day at Ocean Cay.  We had the whole place to ourselves.  Very enjoyable.

Thank you so much for that tip!

Hello,

A minor point but we have a difference in terminology. Here a 'Tasting Menu' is a meal of a dozen or so courses each so miniscule that together they would probably only fill an egg cup. What the Diamond deal is at Butcher's Cut is the 'Dining Experience' see #3 above.

What you must do is book as soon as you get on board - and that's where the difficulty may arise. Once upon a time you could book at, say, Butcher's Cut for Butcher's Cut, but not for me on the last two occasions. A 'central booking desk for specialty dining' was set-up next to Guest Relations on one cruise, another time it was set up outside the Indochine Restaurant on Deck 6.

I would advise you to ask directions from Guest Relations ASAP.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1