Am I going to freeze?

Magandsons

The last time we cruised to Bermuda, it was October, and the temperature was perfect (both air and water temperatures). We've found a cruise this year that aligns with my son's spring break so we want to jump on it. I'm worried we are going to freeze. We love to go to the beach and swim. We will be there for four days so we have a lot of time to fill. Has anyone else gone to Bermuda in early April before? What did you think? 

For reference, we live in the mid-Atlantic and are used to colder temperatures. Bermuda's 70 degrees will probably feel warm to us but I'd really like to go into the water. I appreciate any opinions/suggestions/experiences you can offer. THANKS!

1 hour ago, Magandsons said:

The last time we cruised to Bermuda, it was October, and the temperature was perfect (both air and water temperatures). We've found a cruise this year that aligns with my son's spring break so we want to jump on it. I'm worried we are going to freeze. We love to go to the beach and swim. We will be there for four days so we have a lot of time to fill. Has anyone else gone to Bermuda in early April before? What did you think? 

For reference, we live in the mid-Atlantic and are used to colder temperatures. Bermuda's 70 degrees will probably feel warm to us but I'd really like to go into the water. I appreciate any opinions/suggestions/experiences you can offer. THANKS!

Few would venture into the ocean in early April. I didn't when I've been there at that time.

Mean water temperature for April is 67.8 F, so early April water temperature will likely be even a bit lower than that, The water warms pretty dramatically by late May, which is traditionally the start of the beach season.

Here's some historical climate data:

https://www.bermuda-online.org/climateweather.htm

Yeah. That's the data we saw too. My husband said, "that's the water temp in Ocean City at the end of May!" 🤣 Probably too cold for me but I know my 19 year old will be diving in immediately. He likes to swim in Maine in Oct! 

2 hours ago, Magandsons said:

Early April is not beach weather in Bermuda! It is golfing weather and a good time to go whal watching.  I have been a bunch of times and once was in May and the water temp was too cool. Mid June is the earliest I would go. I live in Texas now but until two years ago I lived in Maryland. I think New Englanders would be okay with the water temp.