Embarkation in Fusina (Venice)

rusty2

This summer sailing from Fusina (Venice). I am doing my own hotel and air reservations. 

Do Silversea guests all check-in at one location in Venice and then bus to Fusina or not in Venice but check-in at the Fusina port?

Should I make hotel arrangements in Venice or Fusina? Any travel recommendations from Venice or the Venice airport to Fusina? Fusina hotels?

Thank you for your help.

We started a Silversea Cruise out Fusina (Venice).  The check-in was at the old Venice cruise port and then we were bussed to the Fusina port.  We stayed in Venice for a couple days pre-cruise at the Silversea hotel and were taken by water taxi from the the hotel to the port.  

We were in Venice last August. Check in was at old Venice cruise terminal. Then bus to Fusina. We made our own arrangement of hotel. We went to old terminal by People Move as our hotel in Venice was very close to that.

You can not get into the Fusina Port by your own. Better to stay close to Venice.

The old cruise port where you will check in is called Marittima, it is the penultimate stop on the people mover. Then you’re bused to Fusina, you have no option, it’s the only way to get there. 
Don’t go to the final stop Tronchetto - some cruise lines gather their pax into buses there but SS uses Marittima. 

You can get a direct bus into Piazzale Roma from Venice airport, that’s the best way to get into Venice for a reasonable price, it’s about ten euros. I’d recommend getting a hotel near P’zale Roma so you can walk to it from the bus, also that means you’ll be near the people mover to get to Marittima. You’ll also be near the Grand Canal where the number one vaporetto runs frequently down to Piazza San Marco and beyond. 

I walk to Marittima but I travel with a carry on bag only so I can manage my luggage, if you have more luggage the people mover is the way to go. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 2