Virgin virgin a couple of questions!

Lolou127

We’re currently considering VV (along with a few other lines) for a cruise this summer, I wonder if anyone can answer this for me, is it possible to choose your own cabin? the website says they’ll choose the best one for you, but what they think is best might not be what I think is best!
secondly, can you get room service breakfast and is it included or an extra charge?

7 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

, is it possible to choose your own cabin?

Yes, contact a travel advisor or call VV.  Travel advisors can select a specific cabin for you. You cannot do it yourself via the website.

7 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

secondly, can you get room service breakfast and is it included or an extra charge?

Room service includes a delivery charge unless you order something that includes a fee. Such as ordering a cappuccino with your breakfast. Because there is a charge for the coffee, your room service delivery fee is waived. The meal itself is included as with all other meals on VV. 

Edited by CruisingWalter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

can you use your bar tab to pay for room service? 

if you're buying drinks in lieu of paying the $7 fee, yes.  if just the fee, no.

pro tip - a shot of espresso was $3.  even if you don't drink it, it's cheaper than paying the fee!

• Like 4

Also worth noting there is no fee if you're in a Rockstar suite.

Regarding choosing a cabin, you "should" be able to see what cabin they chose for you before completing the booking online so you can at least see if the "default" is to your liking.  If you don't see a cabin or you don't like what they chose, as mentioned, you can just call them to get them to choose a cabin and book it that way. I did that for my upcoming cruise and it was pretty painless to do it by calling Virgin.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tralfaz1138 said:

Regarding choosing a cabin, you "should" be able to see what cabin they chose for you before completing the booking online so you can at least see if the "default" is to your liking.  If you don't see a cabin or you don't like what they chose, as mentioned, you can just call them to get them to choose a cabin and book it that way. I did that for my upcoming cruise and it was pretty painless to do it by calling Virgin.  

I would seriously recommend using a Gold Tier agent to book thru VV.  These people have completed VV training to the top level and have cruised on the ship(s).  Even if you are an experienced cruiser, they are there to advise you, use their portal to book things when the app dies, and provide a million other little services.  In addition, there are some perks that are only available thru them.  These vary, but I've gotten a discount for booking after they have held a zoom conference with VV (you can, but don't have to watch the zoom), and various "goodies" when they have 10 cabins booked on the same cruise--loot, a bottle of bubbly, or whatever the current deal is.  They will also be up to date on the current sales, any cruises that are better values than others if your dates are flexible, and sometimes have a little advance notice or when the next sale is coming out and what it might be.
We aren't allowed to name agents or agencies here, but they are easy to find on other sites.

Tootles.....

• Like 2