Gloucester, Massachusetts

bigelk

On a New England cruise on September, 2024. The only port on the itinerary  which I have visited is Gloucester, MA.  Can anyone suggest tours or other information about this port?  Thank you and much appreciated.

Sorry, meant to write Gloucester is the only port I have not visited.  I went ahead and booked a tour that includes Beauport, the Sleeper-McCann House, Rockland and a tour of Gloucester. It is a 4 hr. trip and I selected the early tour which would allow me several to do more exploring.  There were not many tours offer with only 3 actually taking place in Gloucester.  The other tours were taking you to Boston.  Not interested since I have been to Boston many times.  If you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated.  Thank you for responing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 3:21 PM, bigelk said:

Sorry, meant to write Gloucester is the only port I have not visited.  I went ahead and booked a tour that includes Beauport, the Sleeper-McCann House, Rockland and a tour of Gloucester. It is a 4 hr. trip and I selected the early tour which would allow me several to do more exploring.  There were not many tours offer with only 3 actually taking place in Gloucester.  The other tours were taking you to Boston.  Not interested since I have been to Boston many times.  If you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated.  Thank you for responing.

Beauport is wonderful. I live in Mass and have been there just for an afternoon out and it’s really very enjoyable. The history is interesting and the setting is quite beautiful. Henry Sleeper was a pioneer of interior decorating in the US and when he died the house was bought by one of the Woolworth daughters.