Shortened ports? Odyssey of Seas…Engine trouble?

So we’re on the Odyssey of the Seas 6-nighter starting on the 28th of January. Our labadee port was shortened by 2 hours and now Falmouth was randomly changed to an arrival of 9:30 and all aboard at 1:30. 

we didn’t plan on getting off the ship so it doesn’t bother us but does anyone know what’s going on? If you know Falmouth at all…then you know the 4 hour port time basically cut like 75% of royals excursions out. We all know they love to make money so why would they do this???

the “ship gossip” I have heard is that we aren’t operating all full engine capacity and move much slower…this we have to shorten the ports just to get home. The people I heard that from are of course….cruisers…and we all know how prone we are to ship wife hearsay and gossip. 

Hoping someone knows something. Haven’t said a word to us on the ship that I’ve heard…

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Quantum class ships really seem to have a lot of engine issues.

It appears that they can't seem to make it to their scheduled drydocks so regular maintenence must be done during regular sailings to prevent the bigger issues from happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Quantum class ships really seem to have a lot of engine issues.

I am not doubting your opinion because I have read on CC about so many itineraries being changed on short or no notice and other things like weather, civil unrest, or sickness onboard not being mentioned.

Do you know of any sites which keep track of itinerary changes?

That information would be interesting to peruse.

Kind of like a J.D. Powers consumer survey, "Which class of current Royal ships is most reliable to complete their itinerary without scheduling changes?"