Accessible cabin

You don’t say which ship you are referring to as that makes a bit of a difference. I take a manual wheelchair on board and store it, folded,  in the cabin as I have similar mobility issues.
We have always had inside cabins on our FO cruises and have found that it’s doable but a bit of a squeeze on Balmoral, however, there is plenty of room in the cabins on Borealis and Bolette. Below is a picture of our cabin on Borealis and the wheelchair is out of the picture stored against the wall by the sofa. 

I don’t know if you are aware that the en-suite has quite a high, for me, step up. 

FO do have partially accessible cabins available as well as fully accessible ones. The partially accessible ones are indicated on the deck plans by the initials PA by the cabin number. IMG_2474.thumb.jpeg.178ff9f2686a8964271d14c9e5dfc2c5.jpeg

• Like 1

No problem silversurf. 
Here are another couple of ways FO accommodates people with mobility issues. 

Almost as soon as we board the ship I go to check our table allocation in the dining room. As FO only has the traditional early and late sittings with set tables, I need to see if I can store my wheelchair near the table. Quite often I have to see the MD and request a table near the restaurant entrance and this has always been accommodated. 
There are designated tables in the buffet for wheelchair users and spaces are reserved in the theatre/show-lounge too. 

• Like 2