Anyone remember entertainer Jim Badger?

Hrhbob

We sailed on the Pearl and the Bliss some time ago and was entertained by Jim Badger, one of the best and funniest piano men we’ve ever seen! If anyone remembers him, has he permanently stopped performing on NCL ships or is there a chance he may be back one day? He is marvelous!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2024 at 11:35 PM, Hrhbob said:

We sailed on the Pearl and the Bliss some time ago and was entertained by Jim Badger, one of the best and funniest piano men we’ve ever seen! If anyone remembers him, has he permanently stopped performing on NCL ships or is there a chance he may be back one day? He is marvelous!

I’m wondering where he is too…

we met him on the NCL Pearl 10yrs ago. Fabulous entertainer!

• 1 month later...

My friend

On 3/26/2024 at 5:17 AM, Lobbylin said:

I’m wondering where he is too…

we met him on the NCL Pearl 10yrs ago. Fabulous entertainer!

Jimmy Badger passed away on April 12th, 2024 after succumbing to injuries sustained in a traffic related accident (automobile / bike) in Naples, Florida. He was my longtime friend and classmate from high school. I'm sorry to be the bearer of this sad news. 

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Second Hand Lion said:

My friend

Jimmy Badger passed away on April 12th, 2024 after succumbing to injuries sustained in a traffic related accident (automobile / bike) in Naples, Florida. He was my longtime friend and classmate from high school. I'm sorry to be the bearer of this sad news. 

Oh! So sad to read this😢. He really was a fabulous piano player and entertainer. We will remember him with huge fondness…
Thank you for updating me. 

I am so sorry to hear this. He was a terrific entertainer and a hell of a guy. One evening after he closed his show on the Bliss I and a couple of friends had the pleasure of chatting wit him at great length as he had a cocktail and wound down in the District Brew House. Such a pleasure. Folks up above are being well entertained by Jim. May he RIP🙏🏻

29 minutes ago, Second Hand Lion said:

My friend

Second hand lion - do you have a picture of Jim Badger? I searched the obituary for the date and info you are giving and I’m wondering if we are talking about the same Jim Badger? 

The man I know would have been in his 70’s by now…

1 hour ago, Lobbylin said:

Second hand lion - do you have a picture of Jim Badger? I searched the obituary for the date and info you are giving and I’m wondering if we are talking about the same Jim Badger? 

The man I know would have been in his 70’s by now…

1 hour ago, Lobbylin said:

This is the Jim Badger I’m referring to

IMG_1541.jpeg

@Second Hand Lion, is this the same Jim Badger.  This is the one that we knew from sailing on NCL.  Wondering if it is the same person.

2 minutes ago, Second Hand Lion said:

Yes. This is Jimmy. He was 63 years old when he passed away earlier this month.

Thank you for replying.  This is so sad.  He was a great guy.  We sailed with him several times and spent time chatting with him and had hoped to see him again.  My condolences on the loss of your friend.

8 minutes ago, Second Hand Lion said:

Jimmy.jpeg

Thank you. Incredibly sad…

We sailed with him for 37 days on a repositioning cruise on the NCL Pearl 10 years ago, and got to know him very well.
Sincerest condolences to you and his family. 

Every time I hear the song Piano Man, he is the person that I picture in my mind… RIP Jim Badger 💔

1 minute ago, Lobbylin said:

Thank you. Incredibly sad…

We sailed with him for 37 days on a repositioning cruise on the NCL Pearl 10 years ago, and got to know him very well.
Sincerest condolences to you and his family. 

Every time I hear the song Piano Man, he is the person that I picture in my mind… RIP Jim Badger 💔

❤️

14 minutes ago, Second Hand Lion said:

❤️

Jim did music quizzes every afternoon, and a group of us would always fall short on the correct answers… then a very ‘smart’ man embarked mid cruise and joined our team for one day… this man was incredible in his music knowledge, and we won the quiz that day! Jim couldn’t believe we had won…

Then a week later, at the end of the quiz one day, Jim said to us the he had done the exact same quiz and how come our team had lost??!!😁

Jim bellowed across the room at us:”I knew you had a ringer in your team last week”🤣🤣🤣 

Such fond memories…. 

• Like 1