Concierge Cabin Virtual Tour Strange Phenomenon

We are booked on our first Regent cruise to Alaska in June on Explorer.  We received an email showing us "our" concierge cabin in a virtual tour.  It's the same one that is on the website.  I had never actually viewed it before, and when I did I noticed something strange.  It appears to show a tub/shower combination and then a separate stall shower beyond that, opposite the toilet.  I thought at first it was a trick of the camera angle or the mirrors, but it very clearly shows two showers, on with the tub, and a second with glass doors.  Is that really the room configuration?  Seems like overkill.  When you look at the overhead "doll house" view, the quality is such that you can't really determine how that space is used, or whether it's and "L" shaped extension of the closet.  Am I seeing things?

image.thumb.png.51636a40aad6c3392dcff8e23dac92f8.pngScreenshot2024-02-01154457.png.09e2a69095e0f304d7e8ac1f7a9ac3e0.png

I really don't know why the newer cruise ships are keeping the bath tubs. We have 2 bath tubs at home, and only use the large one once in a while. On cruise ships, if there's a shower that's what we use. The bath tub has a laundry line over it, and we hang wet swim suits and hand wash on it. But we find it a waste of space. 

Two trying to get ready at the same time are likely to bump into each other on the bath mat between the standalone shower and the tub shower. In some of the higher level suites, the tub and shower might be in separate rooms, and would allow 2 people to get ready at the same time.

• Like 1

We have used both at the same time.

I love a bathtub, and this one is nice and roomy.

You can take a leisurely bath, then stand up and rinse your hair with he shower attachment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

There is only one shower, along with the tub. The mirrors must have fooled the software that produced the VR tour.

There is a shower head which you can detach and hold in the tub

1 minute ago, Tsunami74 said:

There is a shower head which you can detach and hold in the tub

I misread the original post as thinking that there two full showers plus the tub. But yes, there is a standalone shower plus a tub with a handheld shower head. It's not a bug, it's a feature of the new ships' bathrooms.

1 hour ago, Tsunami74 said:

We have used both at the same time.

I love a bathtub, and this one is nice and roomy.

You can take a leisurely bath, then stand up and rinse your hair with he shower attachment.

Yup,  this is us.  I hate the fact that so many hotel rooms only have a shower.   I’m the leisurely bath person with long hair, a shower is only used if I need to wash my hair.   

Our two person bathtub at home is used all of the time.  Hence, we will never be in a penthouse room on the newer ships!  

Our British cousins often prefer baths as well. Personally I don’t get it, but then I’m also the type to “wolf down” my meal to get on w my day.

Am boarding Voyager in about 2 hours. Very excited (although I hear it’s Code Red onboard).

I will attempt to bring my “good manners” to dinner- no wolfing my food down! 😜

We also love and appreciate the tub with shower AND stand alone shower. We use both. I too love that leisurely soak with all that good water and nice products sloshing around.....a real treat!

The stand alone shower is perfect for a quickie cool down and clean up after a hot day ashore....

But that's just us....!

11 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

I really don't know why the newer cruise ships are keeping the bath tubs. We have 2 bath tubs at home, and only use the large one once in a while. On cruise ships, if there's a shower that's what we use. The bath tub has a laundry line over it, and we hang wet swim suits and hand wash on it. But we find it a waste of space. 

Two trying to get ready at the same time are likely to bump into each other on the bath mat between the standalone shower and the tub shower. In some of the higher level suites, the tub and shower might be in separate rooms, and would allow 2 people to get ready at the same time.

I don't understand why the standalone showers do not have a laundry line.   If there is not tub where would you hang wet bathing suits?

I could be wrong but we were in a G cabin (bottom of the boat) on the Splendor. We only had a shower, although it was the biggest shower EVER. I'm quite sure we had a clothes line in there.