Marksburg castle

Mmmras

First time river cruiser and first time in Europe-sorry but I can’t locate post re Marksburg castle and its activity level. My question is, if any one has walked up WhiteFace mountain in Lake Placid -pic attached and if so is the castle trail anything like this?  I had to stop before getting to the boulders due to fear of heights plus the trail/boulders were wet/slick.  Thanks for info! 

IMG_20191008_100735015_HDR.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mmmras said:

First time river cruiser and first time in Europe-sorry but I can’t locate post re Marksburg castle and its activity level. My question is, if any one has walked up WhiteFace mountain in Lake Placid -pic attached and if so is the castle trail anything like this?  I had to stop before getting to the boulders due to fear of heights plus the trail/boulders were wet/slick.  Thanks for info! 

IMG_20191008_100735015_HDR.jpeg

No no no!!  The path is paved and switchbacks up the hill (the bus will bring you as far up as it can.  The entrance to the castle does have some rocks, but NOTHING like you've pictured.  Found this photo on the interwebs of the entrance.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Second seating said:

A few parts are uneven, wear good shoes.  This picture is from May 2022 and I was thankful it was raining!

Correction: I was thankful it was not raining. If it was wet these rocks might be slick!!!!