Skagway railroad dock front

jean-lynd

I know that last May they were tendering from the "railroad dock front" because of the rockslide. Has anyone docked there later in the year who knows if they were able to stop tendering and walk off. That is the dock we are supposed to be at this year so I'm curious if we will be able to walk on and off or if we may need to tender. Thanks for your help!

I wouldn’t hold my breath.  The slide area is unstable and will need a lot of work.  The city got a $20 million grant from FEMA to help fix it but I doubt that work will be done before the start of the cruise season.

Edited by wolfie11

I was on Norwegian Sun 10/16 and while the 2023 port schedule says we were scheduled for the Broadway dock, based on my memories of walking into town I'm confident we were at one of the railroad docks. We were docked and walked off the ship but they were running a shuttle past the rock slide area and insisted that passengers take it. After that we could walk. The shuttle was very quick when I left the ship early in the morning but may have had a line later.

When we were there in Sept, a few buses drove by there, as two of the ships were there, did see some tenders operating. Was on the Crown, it was docked at the other two piers. Had see the start of a 2nd slide going on, so...

Apologies; looking at posts from last year I can see that only ships at RRF were tendering, and ships at RRA were using the shuttle buses past the rock slide area. So we must have been at RRA, and my response is not actually useful for you.