Dawn Question

CruiserPK

We are going on the February 4th cruise on the Dawn.  I read a review that stated there is no more availability of Pellegrino or Perrier water.  Can anyone on the ship now or recently confirm this?  If true, I will be schlepping it onboard with me.  TIA

We got off the Dawn one week ago. Our first time on Silversea. The waiters always offered still or sparkling water, but it was Vero from a dispenser. Did not see Pellegrino or Perrier, but did not specifically ask for them either.

We were on the Dawn in December. They had Pellegrino and Perrier, but ran out of it around mid cruise. Apparently same thing happened on the previous sailing. They also ran out of all diet drinks (coke diet, coke zero etc). I'm not sure if it's cuts or just bad planning. I hope they have them on our cruise in May. Vero is definitely not the same. Those are the most basic drinks that should be available all the time.

8 hours ago, CruiserPK said:

We are going on the February 4th cruise on the Dawn.  I read a review that stated there is no more availability of Pellegrino or Perrier water.  Can anyone on the ship now or recently confirm this?  If true, I will be schlepping it onboard with me.  TIA

Left the Dawn 2 weeks ago. They certainly don’t encourage Pelligrino but it was available if you asked…until it ran out after a few days. Unfortunately the “sorry we’ve run of XXX drink” was a frequent response and has been on several recent SS cruises.

I’m on the Shadow now. Have been on the ship three weeks. I always ask for Pellegrino. No problem getting it. I had a full bottle of it on my table today at the pool as I asked the server to leave the bottle on my table at the pool. I also drink Coke Zero and no problem. 

50 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

We were on the Dawn in December. They had Pellegrino and Perrier, but ran out of it around mid cruise. Apparently same thing happened on the previous sailing. They also ran out of all diet drinks (coke diet, coke zero etc). I'm not sure if it's cuts or just bad planning. I hope they have them on our cruise in May. Vero is definitely not the same. Those are the most basic drinks that should be available all the time.

The F&B manager on the Dawn for your sailing was the same as we had on the Muse in Japan last Spring, where they ran out of Asahi beer, 2 days after boarding. This despite the excuse 3 months previous on the Moon, where they ran out of Peroni and Guinness in the Caribbean and was told it was because it was difficult to source non local produce. Made that excuse a little lame in Japan! I tend not to complete the feedback questionnaire, but did so when we left the Dawn 2 weeks ago and quite scathing of the number of things we experienced they had run out of.

• Like 1

Seriously 1st world problem, I think from what they were saying every day the aim is to reduce their rubbish impact as they now have the metal water carriers in every room and no longer hand out thousands of plastic bottles, a very welcome move copied from river cruises that have done this for some time. Multiple small bottles of water are ridiculous items to carry and I can see them slowly getting rid. Given Perrier is no longer whet is was and has had so many problems why would you want to drink it? Water is water and as recent studies have show mineral waters can be less pure than tap!

BTW I didnt see them run out of anything on our recent cruise

1 hour ago, maynas said:

Seriously 1st world problem, I think from what they were saying every day the aim is to reduce their rubbish impact as they now have the metal water carriers in every room and no longer hand out thousands of plastic bottles, a very welcome move copied from river cruises that have done this for some time. Multiple small bottles of water are ridiculous items to carry and I can see them slowly getting rid. Given Perrier is no longer whet is was and has had so many problems why would you want to drink it? Water is water and as recent studies have show mineral waters can be less pure than tap!

What is ridiculous is your post. I assume you are aware that they make bottles from glass too, not only plastic?

We had no issues to get Perrier on our recent Uniworld cruuse so your claim is simply incorrect. 

But you are right. 1st world problem. As 99% of everything discussed on those forums.

And no, water is not water. It's like saying that wine is wine. $10 bottle is still wine right? It's not for you to decide what other people like to drink.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, maynas said:

Ridiculous. I deleted the rest as it was unseemly even if sincere and genuine. 

Edited by MuseCruiser

16 hours ago, maynas said:

There is a huge difference in the taste of Pellegrino water (which is served in glass BTW.). The move removing plastic bottles is not born out of concerns for the planet, but cost. Proven by the fact the plastic bottles of fizzy drinks are still available. Should be glass if it was the case. However, I agree it is a first world issue…. Along with better wines and better food. McDonald’s anyone?

Great that your cruise didn’t run out of anything.  Hope you are not suggesting those saying they did experience it are lying? The only 3 beers I ever buy to drink at home are Asahi, Peroni and Guinness. When you learn you cannot get these because they ran out, it begs the question on what paying the premium is all about. People are quite right and entitled to air their frustrations on something that impacts their enjoyment.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, les37b said:

Great that your cruise didn’t run out of anything.  Hope you are not suggesting those saying they did experience it are lying? The only 3 beers I ever buy to drink at home are Asahi, Peroni and Guinness. When you learn you cannot get these because they ran out, it begs the question on what paying the premium is all about. People are quite right and entitled to air their frustrations on something that impacts their enjoyment.

Exactly my thoughts!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Exactly my thoughts!

Completely off topic but I was reading your posts in a different thread and wanted to PM you re: experience with Oceania but obviously that function doesn't work.  Any chance you could shoot me an email in my signature (it's a throwaway email account so i don't get spammed but i promise to email you back with my real email address). Cheers!

42 minutes ago, zipher36 said:

Completely off topic but I was reading your posts in a different thread and wanted to PM you re: experience with Oceania but obviously that function doesn't work.  Any chance you could shoot me an email in my signature (it's a throwaway email account so i don't get spammed but i promise to email you back with my real email address). Cheers!

Just did (and my email is in my signature too).