First Alaska Cruise - Should I take the 7 day or 10 day option

Hi

I am doing my first Alaska Cruise Northbound this summer. I wanted to ask if it is a good idea to upgrade to the 10 days Radiance of the Seas package - Alaska Interior Express Cruise package which includes 3 days in Alaska after 7 days of cruise. Would it be better to just do the cruise and explore Alaska driving on my own. I would like to spend 4 days in Alaska after the cruise. Would be happy to get feedback form someone who has done the Land Tour with Royal Caribbean.

Edited by AshParti

We did 10 days DIY on land before our Radiance southbound in 2018 (with much planning by an outside company). I can't speak to RC's land tours but I will say do whatever lets you spend as much time on land as possible.

Long review in my signature if you're interested. Happy planning!

Another vote to spend at least 3 more days doing a land portion. If you have time, I recommend at least a week on land. We spent a week on land (driving ourselves) before our Radiance southbound and it was not enough. We went back a few years later and spent two more weeks on land, no cruise. The cruise was really nice and we enjoyed what we saw but if you truly want to see Alaska, you need to spend time touring the interior.

• Thanks 1