Reykjavik Transfer Cruise Port to Airport

jack300s

We've are in the planning stages. We live in California. Thinking of taking a cruise from New York City to Reykajvik. On the day the cruise ends we hope to catch a flight back home. Does anyone know how long we would have to wait at the Airport to fly back home? 

On 2/3/2024 at 6:09 PM, jack300s said:

We've are in the planning stages. We live in California. Thinking of taking a cruise from New York City to Reykajvik. On the day the cruise ends we hope to catch a flight back home. Does anyone know how long we would have to wait at the Airport to fly back home? 

I don't understand the question.  Your title is about transfers, but your question is about how long you will have to wait at the airport?  Maybe something got left out?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 11:33 AM, Nitemare said:

I don't understand the question.  Your title is about transfers, but your question is about how long you will have to wait at the airport?  Maybe something got left out?

We have a couple days precruise in Reykjavik and have reservations city center. Best option to ship ?  Late departure from Reykjavik on cruise. 

On 2/21/2024 at 5:25 PM, pch said:

We have a couple days precruise in Reykjavik and have reservations city center. Best option to ship ?  Late departure from Reykjavik on cruise. 

Sorry.  I am still having trouble figuring out what you are asking.  Before you talked about "airport".  Now you are asking about city and ship?

There are cabs in Reykjavik, if you are asking "city to ship".  There is Flybus from airport to city, if you are asking that.  If you are asking something else, maybe spell it out entirely?  Since no one else is trying to help, maybe I'm not the only confused one here?

We are going to be staying city center precruise. Will need to get to port the day of the cruise. What is the best way to get to the ship on cruise day?  But you answered that. Thank you. The other is checkout from hotel is long before ship departure. Do you know how early luggage can be checked to cruise?  Luggage lockers near there?  What do others do 

Edited by pch

On 2/25/2024 at 12:57 AM, Nitemare said:

Sorry.  I am still having trouble figuring out what you are asking.  Before you talked about "airport".  Now you are asking about city and ship?

Nitemare, these were different questions asked by two different members after pch "piggybacked" the original question by jack300s, who doesn't appear to have  returned to the thread with a clarification..

1 minute ago, edinburgher said:

Nitemare, these were different questions asked by two different members after pch "piggybacked" the original question by jack300s, who doesn't appear to have  returned to the thread with a clarification..

Ahhh!  Clarity!!   Thanks!

@pch, I'm not sure about luggage lockers there, but you could leave your bags at your hotel until you are ready to go to the ship, I think taxi would be the best options, if the cruiseline isn't offering a transfer