aqua cabin and location

rinshin

Right now we are booked in prime concierge with bump out balcony and our cruise is in May. I like the location of our cabin on deck 10 mid ship between decks with all cabins on Silhouette.  This is before final payment date.  I chose this cruise due to ports and time of this cruise without comparing too many things.  It was a toss up between Scandinavia and Viking river cruise. I should have checked the menus more. 

But now that I checked food choices on Celebrity, I am not sure we will be satisfied with food choices in MDR.  We tend to eat mostly globally inspired foods esp seafood.  I like to cook a lot and we eat quite well at home.  My husband does like good quality steaks and burgers sometimes though.  For example,  I do not see any calamari, mussels, octopus etc on MDR menu items but do see them on Blue.  Also, we do not like buffets in general and try to avoid them. But, I am not sure about the cabins in Aqua class.  They are mostly in deck 11 under pool deck and concerned with noise level, but Blue menu is more to our taste.  The price difference is negligile at this point.  What is your opinion on this?  I am also going for move up in suite selection if offered  due to Luminae menu selection.  

i appreciate all thoughts on this. 

Edited by rinshin

17 minutes ago, rinshin said:

Right now we are booked in prime concierge with bump out balcony and our cruise is in May. I like the location of our cabin on deck 10 mid ship between decks with all cabins on Silhouette.  This is before final payment date.  I chose this cruise due to ports and time of this cruise without comparing too many things.  It was a toss up between Scandinavia and Viking river cruise. I should have checked the menus more. 

But now that I checked food choices on Celebrity, I am not sure we will be satisfied with food choices in MDR.  We tend to eat mostly globally inspired foods esp seafood.  I like to cook a lot and we eat quite well at home.  My husband does like good quality steaks and burgers sometimes though.  For example,  I do not see any calamari, mussels, octopus etc on MDR menu items but do see them on Blue.  Also, we do not like buffets in general and try to avoid them. But, I am not sure about the cabins in Aqua class.  They are mostly in deck 11 under pool deck and concerned with noise level, but Blue menu is more to our taste.  The price difference is negligile at this point.  What is your opinion on this?  I am also going for move up in suite selection if offered  due to Luminae menu selection.  

Pick what appeals to you the most. Reads like you already think Blu would be the better option for you. 

And maybe accept the food choices on your vacation won’t be the same as you have at home… 

4 minutes ago, TrixieBel said:

Pick what appeals to you the most. Reads like you already think Blu would be the better option for you. 

And maybe accept the food choices on your vacation won’t be the same as you have at home… 

Yes, but it is the location Aqua cabins that concern us.  Our current cabin is a perfect location for us.  

27 minutes ago, rinshin said:

If you are thinking Aqua Class, look at rooms in the aft section where there are rooms above you.  We have found there are more menu selections in the MDR than in Blu. However Blu does have some unique dishes not found in the MDR.  

The room you currently have is quite desirable.  I have stayed in those and we liked the larger veranda.

If you are looking for a delicious burger, sorry.  

6 minutes ago, keesar said:

If you are thinking Aqua Class, look at rooms in the aft section where there are rooms above you.  We have found there are more menu selections in the MDR than in Blu. However Blu does have some unique dishes not found in the MDR.  

The room you currently have is quite desirable.  I have stayed in those and we liked the larger veranda.

If you are looking for a delicious burger, sorry.  

Haha, we don’t expect much tor burgers so we should be ok with their burgers esp outside like on a ship. I have read that Blu food selection may be more limiting as you mentioned.  The cabin location we have looks great.  Thank you.

19 minutes ago, rinshin said:

Yes, but it is the location Aqua cabins that concern us.  Our current cabin is a perfect location for us.  

Ahhh. I thought your question was about the food… I’m not sure about the cabin location. However have read somewhere that some of those ones can get noise from the deck above. Might be worth googling the cabin number for reviews? I find “Celebrity Aqua (cabin number) review” gets good results. 

I would stay put, were I you. We were in AQ in January--usually get a suite, where you can choose to eat in Blu (reservations) along with Luminae, but they were all sold out and we liked the location.

Well, nope. The spa amenities were useless: the spa concierge is just the regular one; we already get a better discount with loyalty status; we don't take classes, free or paid; and the stateroom "spa amenities" we reserved were laughable--no room at all to lay out a yoga mat, use bands or weights. Plus no fancy water (discontinued). Plus the room won't be any bigger than what you've got--balcony likely smaller--and right under the noise of furniture being dragged about. BUT! The location makes it easy to avoid taking  the elevator as everything's just a deck up...

And re: the seafood in Blu, that was kind of a bust for us. The lump crab in the Crab Martini was mashed, tasted like tuna, and mixed with cucumber, not avocado as described. Saw mussels on the menu once, and octopus once. No clams (or as they spelled it in Venice, clambs)--but they had spaghetti vongole in the Lido.  And mussels up there in the Lido a few times--and scallop ceviche, and tuna crudo, etc., in coconut shells...

But they did have fish on the Blu menu every night. Shrimp and scallops occasionally (just as in the MDR, you can get shrimp cocktail every night--where they also have lobster on chic/formal night). It is less hectic and better service than MDR, though.

Edited by sofietucker
  • Like 1

Thank you all for the input.  I think we will stay with our current cabin choice as Aqua cabin available now is fore and under all the activities above.  

Stay where you are and eat at the Lawn Club Grill a few times.  It's an extra fee but worth it in our estimation. We haven't been on Silhouette for a while so I hope this is still true.

9 minutes ago, rinshin said:

Thank you all for the input.  I think we will stay with our current cabin choice as Aqua cabin available now is fore and under all the activities above.  

Hi 

if 1552 1554 are available think about these, they both have huge balconies facing aft no wind issues. They are also close to the hidden staircase going upto the spa. Please do not tell anyone, the window washing ladder is not a problem.

if I can get 1552 or the cabin on the port side I will grab it in a heartbeat. 
IMO better than the hump cabins.

• Like 1

I am on Constellation at the moment, first time in Aqua and yes just below the pool deck.

The room is quite however on the Veranda you do here noise from the pool deck.

However, our biggest complaint is the overhang.  You really can’t look up.

We much prefer the food and service in Blu, although a little slower, than the MDR.

We are struggling to decide if we will travel in Aqua again due to the overhang.

We are looking at Eclipse.

One expensive option is stay where you are and spend for specialty restaurants.