Sell me on a solo NCL cruise. Never cruised solo.

NolaZach

I’ve sailed in two studios (Escape and Epic), and inside on Bliss (shared) and an inside solo on Dawn. As well as a balcony as a solo (randomly got a free upgrade on the Encore TA) and a balcony with my partner on Breakaway. 
I am currently booked on Bliss and decided to take the studio even though there would have been no price difference. I feel like the insides just feel so bleak when I’m in them. I did not feel that way when I stayed in either studio. 
on Escape I picked a cabin right next to the lounge and loved being able to easily crawl my hungover self over to get some fluids in the morning. 
For my upcoming Bliss cruise I similarly booked the closest cabin to the lounge that was available. 
I’ve had a great time meeting other solos on my adventures. All of my prior solo cruises I was single. I now have a wonderful partner but on the holiday family cruise I was just on I realized how I missed cruising solo. I don’t think I’d ever do a 7 day+ solo again, but since my weekends are often wild and go go go, I’m excited for the nice and quiet 5 day trip I have planned in two months! 

On 2/5/2024 at 1:13 PM, phillygwm said:

You raised a good point:  The studio (singles) cabins now cost about the same as a single supplement inside, which will be considerably larger.  I've found NCL to be more "single friendly" than many other lines, even starting to reserve some balcony cabins for singles.  There are singles mixers as well.

If you got a studio, you'd have access to the studio lounge.  Only did that once and found it underwhelming but that was on the Epic, the first ship with studios, when it was new.

Personally, I would opt for the additional space if it were about the same price as a studio.  Or if you can splurge for a balcony, that's often worthwhile.

Here's my question... I just booked on the Joy yesterday for a cruise in March. Since Joy doesn't have Studios, are they still going to have the Solo Coordinator doing a daily Solo meeting, and arranging activities like on the other ships that do have Studios. My Cruise Coordinator wasn't sure. He asked and his answer was "yes, they have solo events that are planned". His answer didn't inspire confidence, though. It was almost like he'd never heard about the solo program before. Anyone have any intel on this, or even the Dailys from a ship that doesn't have studios?

19 minutes ago, JimInFla said:

Here's my question... I just booked on the Joy yesterday for a cruise in March. Since Joy doesn't have Studios, are they still going to have the Solo Coordinator doing a daily Solo meeting, and arranging activities like on the other ships that do have Studios. My Cruise Coordinator wasn't sure. He asked and his answer was "yes, they have solo events that are planned". His answer didn't inspire confidence, though. It was almost like he'd never heard about the solo program before. Anyone have any intel on this, or even the Dailys from a ship that doesn't have studios?

I travel solo, but I don't go to solo meets. I have however noticed that there has been daily solo meets every day around 5-6 pm on the ships I've been to. They seem to go to dinner in MDR together (for those that want to, of course!).

I've been on Spirit, Star and Gem. None of them have Studios.

14 hours ago, AmyJA said:

Guess I'll see what the new rooms are about.

The new rooms are "about" that they classified double occupancy cabins as single. There is no change to the cabin otherwise....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimInFla said:

I just booked on the Joy yesterday for a cruise in March. Since Joy doesn't have Studios, are they still going to have the Solo Coordinator doing a daily Solo meeting, and arranging activities like on the other ships that do have Studios.

yes, i was on the joy in october and they had a full solo program. i only went to the meetups twice, to find somebody who wanted to join me when i used lattitudes specialty dining coupons, but they met every day.

1 hour ago, JimInFla said:

Sailed on Joy in November 23 solo. Solo meet up was daily in Mattings whiskey bar and had a co-ordinator. It wasn't well attended. 

3 hours ago, Asawi said:

I travel solo, but I don't go to solo meets. I have however noticed that there has been daily solo meets every day around 5-6 pm on the ships I've been to. They seem to go to dinner in MDR together (for those that want to, of course!).

I've been on Spirit, Star and Gem. None of them have Studios.

Great info! Thanks!

2 hours ago, BJ223 said:

Sailed on Joy in November 23 solo. Solo meet up was daily in Mattings whiskey bar and had a co-ordinator. It wasn't well attended. 

It always varies by voyage, of course. I'm excited it's in the Whiskey Bar, but that's just me. LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UKstages said:

yes, i was on the joy in october and they had a full solo program. i only went to the meetups twice, to find somebody who wanted to join me when i used lattitudes specialty dining coupons, but they met every day.

Great News! I love that NCL is getting behind this market... it's growing, for sure. 

On the Jade late January they had solo gatherings in two different locations depending on what entertainment/gatherings might be going on. The location will be listed in the event schedule.

The first night we had somewhere between 20 and 25 people show up. Seemed like a few new people joined here and there throughout the week, but the first night was the largest group.

11 hours ago, BJ223 said:

I was on the Getaway last month and solo meetings were held in the Bliss lounge.  Some days there were a lot of people, other days not as many.  The final meeting was the least attended.