Early booking

Can you only take advantage of price reductions if you booked direct?? 

If not then do you just call your Travel consultant and ask them to get a reduction due for you? Seems awkward (does the price paid impact their commission??) 

21 minutes ago, ferretktf said:

Can you only take advantage of price reductions if you booked direct?? 

If not then do you just call your Travel consultant and ask them to get a reduction due for you? Seems awkward (does the price paid impact their commission??) 

Yes, you just contact your TA and they refare you.  It’s not awkward at all.  if the drop is significant it will affect their commission however a good TA’s first priority is their client.  My TA is happy to help if it means I save some money.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, regnig said:

Along with what @Haljo1935 stated you can always take advantage of price reductions afterwards. We almost always book close to a year in advance and have never regretted it. 

You can re-fare with a REFUNDABLE deposit AND if there are cabins in your category still available. If you think of re-faring as cancelling and re-booking (without the chance of losing your cabin), you can see the need for those two requirements.

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

You can re-fare with a REFUNDABLE deposit AND if there are cabins in your category still available. If you think of re-faring as cancelling and re-booking (without the chance of losing your cabin), you can see the need for those two requirements.

So you lose a non-refundable deposit if you want the fare reduction?

Just now, globalgertie said:

So you lose a non-refundable deposit if you want the fare reduction?

That is my experience, with the possible exception of a NRD "paid" with Future Cruise Deposit(s) bought on a previous cruise. I didn't actually do it, but my PCC said I could MOVE my FCDs up until Final Payment Date, even though I had applied them to a NRD fare.