Sold out cruises disappear?

Moriah

This might be a silly question, I hope not, but I wanted to send the links to a friend to the two cruises I am booked on soon - she said she might actually jump on one of them last minute... but neither of them appears at all on HAL's website! - I've searched all the cruises for the ship, for the months they depart... what am I missing? Does this mean they are both sold out?  Is my memory incorrect that when a cruise sold out it would still appear, but say "sold out"?  What other reason would there be for them to disappear?  (I'm not worried about my cruises... my check-in for both is finished, and all is well - those cruises will happen... but why aren't they showing up for the "public"?)

There is a "button" on the Find Cruises search to show Sold Out ones. I believe it is the right-most button on the lower menu bar.

ETA: don't know what timeframe your "Last minute" jump on the cruise might be, but there is a relatively new program where you can get registered to sail a cruise "last minute" (I think the protocol is 4-days out?) and pay $49pppd for the cruise (select ports and itineraries). The details are in a thread with $49 in the title, scan for it. Because of this and other avenues to fill cabins, and restrictions from Immigration, there is really no possibility of "walk ups". Last minute to HAL is a month or more!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 2