Cunard in Alaska...How Formal?

DCThunder

19 hours ago, D&N said:

I've been trying to think of the gents that I saw wearing dark suits during our four official gala nights on a return Transatlantic. As I remember it somewhere in excess of 95% were in Black Tie.

That may be not be fully representative.  We only visited Kings Court Buffet to check in at our muster station and once or twice to steal a pastry to take to The Chart Room for tea/coffee. We walked through Golden Lyon quickly on our first afternoon and were never back, and after a couple of visits to The Carinthia decided the atmosphere wasn't for us.

That of course meant that we wouldn't see many folk who chose not to dress for gala nights.

Our experience is purely based on The Chart Room, Britannia Club port side, Queens Room and G32 until about 11pm. I suspect most dressed in smart attire probably frequented G32 later than that.

That's also my experience @D&N . As a Cunarder of many years experience, who has sailed on all of the current Queens, and who doesn't allow himself to be cocooned within the grills environs,  I would certainly concur with your percentage figure for Black Tie dress.

I'd also say that, again in my experience, the G32 didn't provide an escape from the high end  dress standards on formal nights. ....

G32andFriends1.thumb.jpg.a629c37bb495abb0f09fff0d4cdaa366.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words. 😄

Grills passengers have to insert their key cards in order for the lifts to stop at Decks 11 and 12.  On our most recent Alaska cruise the staff told us there were  "sneakees" on the outdoor Grills decks and extra signs were brought out and placed at  the stairways leading to these areas and also on the decks.

• Thanks 1