Timing of medallion shipment and barcode boarding passes

kstrittm

Just another thread on this well-worn topic, but hopefully this will help some folks...

Questions about medallions:

1. How do I order?

2. When do I order?

3.  How much does it cost?

4.  When are they shipped?

5. How long does shipping take?

6.  When do I receive a digital boarding pass/barcode?

Here we go...

1.  Order the medallions on the Princess app.  I do it as part of the check-in process, so I don't forget.

2.  I'm not certain of this, but I've heard that you need to place the order no less than 30 days from embarkation.  It may be slightly less.

3.  It costs $10 in the US to have them shipped; not sure about Canada.  I do not believe they ship internationally beyond Canada yet.  This fee is waived if you have the Plus or Premier package.

4.  This will vary slightly, but approximately 15 to 20 days prior to embarkation, you will receive an email from "notifications@ocean.com" telling you that your shipment is on its way.  Check your spam folders, because that's where mine always ends up.  In that email, they give you the tracking number.  Another poster here turned me on to a great website to track your medallions through their journey to you.  Go to "www.parcelsapp.com" and enter the tracking number, and you will see every single movement the package makes! 

5.  Again, this will vary depending on your itinerary and your mailing address. In my case, I received the first email 18 days out; the medallions arrived 5 days later.  I live in Arizona, and my trip leaves from Galveston.  The medallions were shipped from China to Carson, California by a third party service; then they were turned over to the US Postal Service and delivered by mail.

6.  Approximately 11 days prior to embarkation, you will see a boarding barcode appear on the Princess app.  Sometimes the staff at the port will ask to see that.  Other times, just show them your medallion.  In either case, I don't believe the barcode is necessary or even used anymore (since we no longer have assigned boarding times).

Hope this helps - I know Princess doesn't communicate this process, and new travelers have to wing it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is no use at all for a bar coded boarding pass. No one will ever ask to see it. If you have your medallion you will go through green lane if not blue lane. The boarding pass means nothing

1 hour ago, kstrittm said:

2.  I'm not certain of this, but I've heard that you need to place the order no less than 30 days from embarkation.  It may be slightly less.

Hope this helps - I know Princess doesn't communicate this process, and new travelers have to wing it...

There actually is a Princess FAQ page regarding the Medallion process.  

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/princess-medallionclass/ocean-faq

For #2 it says this:

Screenshot 2024-02-05 7.03.21 PM.png