Haven Menu

I saw a post on Facebook, from the Bliss Panama Canal departing January 27th to Los Angeles. Showed picture of the "Dinner Special" in the Haven.  It was a swordfish, shrimp, rice combo with sauce.  Have sailed the Haven several times on several Ships.  the dinner menu was set.  am wondering if now there is a Special of the Night offered.

2 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

I saw a post from the Bliss Panama Canal departing January 27th to Los Angeles. Showed picture of the "Dinner Special" in the Haven.  It was a swordfish, shrimp, rice combo with sauce.  Have sailed the Haven several times on several Ships.  the dinner menu was set.  am wondering if now there is a Special of the Night offered.

Just on long cruises (like a canal cruise). Otherwise, the menu is set.

BTW: You can't mention the site you cited. 

Edited by BirdTravels

20 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

have been on long cruises in the Haven  before but menu did not Change, was just hoping this was a new change fleet wide

Unfortunately not. Just specials for long cruises. We were in the Haven in September 2023 and December 2023 with the unchanging menus. 

Edited by BirdTravels

As already mentioned, cruises with a 7-to-10-day length have a set menu.  On my recent TA starting on about day 3 they started offering a daily special for dinner (not lunch) on most days.  For the most part I was not impressed with the offerings.   

15 day Panama Canal trip we did had a daily special for lunch & dinner (not sure about breakfast, we rarely eat in the restaurant for that when we can eat in our PJs in the cabin) for both the appetizer and entree. Don't get too excited, it's usually just one of the courses being served in the MDR that they're making available as an option for you.

What you're describing sounds like the paella although I don't recall it ever being served with swordfish. With enough advanced notice, you can ask the concierge to pre-order something like that for you to eat at the restaurant at a set day/time and if the chef is agreeable, they can accommodate. Or, talk to your butler. Again the key is advanced notice. You can't call them at 4pm and request a special paella meal to be prepared for you to eat at 6pm that same day. With advanced notice and a kind request (rather than demand) you'll be amazed what they can finagle to make a guest happy.

On escape haven now .

amazingly same menu for all 3 meals each day. But no shrimp cocktail, no French onion soup on the menu . Don’t understand this as it is enough to choose another line in the future 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, markf said:

On escape haven now .

amazingly same menu for all 3 meals each day. But no shrimp cocktail, no French onion soup on the menu . Don’t understand this as it is enough to choose another line in the future 

We've always requested shrimp cocktail with no issues. Try that out. Let us know if they say no, because that would make us seriously reconsider NCL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

We've always requested shrimp cocktail with no issues.

request shrimp cocktail?

my understanding is you ask for a pound and a half of shrimp with a gravy boat of cocktail sauce to be delivered to your table nightly. 😉

yes, you can request a shrimp cocktail, provided cold shrimp is on the menu elsewhere, typically in "shrimp louie."

7 minutes ago, UKstages said:

request shrimp cocktail?

my understanding is you ask for a pound and a half of shrimp with a gravy boat of cocktail sauce to be delivered to your table nightly. 😉

yes, you can request a shrimp cocktail, provided cold shrimp is on the menu elsewhere, typically in "shrimp louie."

Hey! I was trying to be discreet! But yes you speak the truth. 🍤

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, markf said:

On escape haven now .

In the Haven, you can basically request anything as long as it's available somewhere on the ship.  If it's something from a specialty restaurant, you will be charged.  But if it's something from the MDR or something the Haven galley would normally have on hand, you can ask for it.  If you know that you will want a shrimp cocktail every night, or see something on the MDR menu posted earlier in the day that you want at dinner, try to set that up in advance with the Haven maitre'd.

Sorry late to respond. Here is what happened to me. At the officer cocktail party for haven guests, I mentioned that I wanted rack of lamb to an officer. He took my cabin number . The next night we were at Moderna for dinner and heard nothing from anyone until 1030 pm our door bell rang— and there was rack of lamb delivered to my cabin!!No communication, what was I to do with rack of lamb at that hour . Never heard a word from anyone after that. 
they certainly did not encourage anyone to order off the menu as a matter of fact the main dining room maitrd told me most night he has a few couples eating there as people tire from the menu .I wrote to corporate they responded with a canned response, Oh well back

to

Msc yacht club for me !