Need Miami Port Advice

dsquared

This will be our second cruise, but the first out of Miami. My flight is arriving at 10:40 AM the day of the cruise (July 2006, normally would fly night before) Two adults and DD12 and DD4. Most recomend a cab, but with four and tons of luggage I do not think it is possible. Is there a good shuttle or limo service that is reasonable? Should I purchase the cruise line transfer (RCCL)? Booked air on my own. Thanks!:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
I would still take plan on taking a cab. Its cheaper and more convenient and , there are mini-van and other larger cabs that should accomodate the four of you and your luggae.

I would definitely recommend the taxi option. Last December, we had four people (our two teens are adult sized now) and at least 12 pieces of luggage if you counted the carry-ons. There were a number of mini-van taxis and the fare is still the same $24 per cab as it would be with a smaller vehicle.

If you don't mind tipping a redcap with his handy big cart, they will get you and your bags out to the taxi area and flag down a cab for you (the drivers will often take a redcap's passengers first even if there are others waiting already). Just tell him you absolutely want a van taxi and that you are in a time crunch. I would think that a $10 tip would be appropriate--and well worth the expedited service.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Carnival Valor~December 2005

Archived