Voyager class bump (hump) cabins

I am planning a cruise with my mother for her 80th birthday in 2007 and want to get a special (within budget) cabin. We are looking at AOS and trying to figure out which cabin to book. Can anyone please tell me anything about these bump\hump cabins on the Voyager class ships? Are the D1 balconies for 9320/9620 any bigger than the E1 balconies elsewhere? What about the cabins on the side of the bump? Are they less private? What about noise from the people waiting for the elevators?

I had the middle of the hump cabin on the Mariner of The Seas. It was fantastic. As far as I know there is no size difference between the E1 and D1. I think they are just a matter of what deck you are on. ( anyone please correct me if I am wrong.) There is absolutly no noise from the elevators. These are great cabins. I would book there again in a second. Best choice of cabins I have ever made. Perfectly located. You will not see it on the ship diagrams but there is a wall between you and the elevators.

Book this cabin..!!!!

Have a great trip.

ps...the center cabin is the best because you can see the front and back of the ship from there.....Kevin

What are the "hump" cabins. I know I have read about them but I am just not sure exactly where they are.

There is a section of the ship just behind the center where the sides of the ship protrude out further from the rest of the ship. It looks a bit preggers.

We have been on the center of the hump once and are booked for the same cabin (6618) this May on Mariner. GERAT VIEW. The balcony is NOT any larger than any other but the view both forward and aft is great. Cabin location for everything is awesome, close to the promenade and dining rooms. You will not be sorry.

Tim & Crystal

We had cabin 9620 on 2 Voyager class ships. It's in the middle of the Bump on the port side. Best location we've had. It was a D1 which has a full size couch. E1's have a love seat. The D1 is larger than the E1. I don't think the balcony was larger. You could see forward & back from the balcony. It's close to the elevators. The shower has a sliding glass door.

Gail

Originally we had planned on a corner aft cabin for the huge balconies and views. However, I don't think the views from the afts on AOS are what we would like with the superstructure in the picture. We would have to go high to avoid it and then the corner balconies aren't those big wrap arounds that we hoped for

Anyway, being aft does increase the amount of walking one must do. I think we will really enjoy being centrally located. This is even more so on a ship so huge! I've just gotta see this ship and the southern itinerary is the best.

Thanks everyone for your information.

I'm booked in a "hump" cabin on Voyager leaving April 8th - first cruise ever.....can't wait! Our TA has stayed in the "hump" cabins on Voyager before and recommended it.

Maybe you could post a picture or description of your hump cabin to this thread when you get back? Hope you have a great cruise.

Archived