Does MSC Allow Fresh Flowers to be Brought Onboard at Embarkation?

tymike

Hi all....

Boarding the Meraviglia on 2/18 and wondered if I can bring fresh flowers on at the Brooklyn port?   As I'm driving to the port and MSC doesn't offer fresh flowers to purchase I'd love to bring some with me.

Any thoughts/experience/knowledge about this?

Happy Sailing!

I have to believe the answer is “yes”. They are certainly not on any prohibited list, and I imagine bridal parties and newlyweds bring them on all the time. 

Great idea BTW!

• Like 1

I agree.  I don't THINK there is a restriction on bringing flowers onto the ship, but there are prohibitions against taking them OFF the ship.  Once on board, they have to stay on board and must be disposed off by the cruiseline according to proper protocols to avoid possible infestations/contaminations to floral & fauna at following ports.

Good luck to you - I have done this on the past several cruises and I love coming back to my room and seeing the flowers!  Ironically, we sailed out of Brooklyn last September and I did NOT get flowers because it was pouring rain and we walked from our Financial District hotel to the ferry and then to the embarkation point....didn't need the hassle.  So, I dragged my vase all the way from Canada for nothing.  Yes, I pack my $2 Dollarama vase with me (stuff it full of clothes) in case I can't get a vase on board and also that way I don't have to inconvenience anyone.

I have my fingers crossed for you that it all works out.

• Like 2

Charstang   Thank you!   I will report back after my B2B starting next Sunday.   I, too, absolutely love fresh flowers in the cabin and can't understand why MSC doesn't sell arrangements.