Barcelona Itinerary

We will be in port from 8am-6pm.  Originally I was thinking of doing HOHO but after reading through all the suggestions I don't think we will do that.  I want to visit La Sagrada, Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter.  If you think we would have time to add in Park Guell we could but I'd be fine leaving that out so we aren't rushed.  I was thinking we would take a cab to La Sagrada first thing.  Then cab to Placa Cataunya and work our way down to the Gothic Quarter.  Does this sound reasonable?  Or anything I should change or make sure we don't miss?

25 minutes ago, bkjewett said:

We will be in port from 8am-6pm.  Originally I was thinking of doing HOHO but after reading through all the suggestions I don't think we will do that.  I want to visit La Sagrada, Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter.  If you think we would have time to add in Park Guell we could but I'd be fine leaving that out so we aren't rushed.  I was thinking we would take a cab to La Sagrada first thing.  Then cab to Placa Cataunya and work our way down to the Gothic Quarter.  Does this sound reasonable?  Or anything I should change or make sure we don't miss?

Sounds good to me - we did a nearly identical itinerary in 2019 - make sure you get/book La Sagrada timed entry inside - well worth it.   Did Park Guell on another trip. (It was good enough to take up a decent amount of time and walking).

In my opinion you have time for Park Guell as well; if you take a cab, it should only take you about 30 minutes to Sagrada Familia;

and as CCWineLover pointed out; book the ticket in advance and maybe even book it with a guided tour (same homepage as entrance tickets) and it cost you only 4 Euros more then just the entrance:

Individual - Sagrada Familia

And it takes you not more then 2 hours to visit the cathedrale.

Likewise the "Ramblas" is probably less then a mile (1,3 km ) and even if you linger to check out the shops should not take you more then an hour, which gives you either before those two sights or in between them enough time to see Park Guell...I would set the Ramlas to the end of your visit as you can then take as long as you like.

The end of Ramblas is right at the harbor front, where usually you have the shuttle bus stop back to the ship, but the Waterfront is also nice to visit...

AND at the Rambla watch your valuebals as I heard it's a paradise for pickpockets (but I was there at least three times so far and nothing happend to me)

I would also agree you MIGHT have time for a visit to Parc Guell, but it probably depends on what you want to do in the Gothic Quarter.  When I responded above, I assumed you might visit the Cathedral, maybe the Picasso Museum, etc. in addition to shopping in the Quarter and along Las Ramblas. You might want to allow a 2-3 hours for that.  The only challenge might be that the logical order to do these would be Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, and then the Gothic Quarter.

Hello

I published these posts that you may find interesting. I invite you to read them and you can ask whatever you want. If you do it WITHIN those threads, your questions and answers will also help those who come with the same doubts in a while.

- a day in Barcelona. Gothic Quarter
The area closest to the port but also the most focused on tourism. You can dedicate a whole day to it or you can mix it with Sagrada Familia (please, do not say "La Sagrada". It means the sacred, without further meaning or context)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2983675-one-day-in-barcelona-gothic-district-and-surroundings/#comment-66712062

- a day in Barcelona. Montjuic
A mountain as well known in Barcelona as it is rarely visited by single-day tourists. Of course, you can stay the whole day and leave things for the next

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2981525-🩵-one-day-in-barcelona-montjuic-mountain/#comment-66748812

- a day outside Barcelona: Zaragoza
A city that you can go to on a full-day excursion.
If you are going to be on a stopover in Barcelona it is possible but you have to plan it well. If you are going to start or end the cruise in Barcelona, it is incredibly easy to do so.
If you are going to end up moving to Madrid, it is inexcusable given that it is halfway between both cities.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2985087-one-day-away-from-barcelona-a-day-visit-to-zaragoza/#comment-66830635

and bonuses
- transport in Barcelonal. "Almost everything" that is usually asked.
If there are any additional questions, ask THERE, in this link and I will edit the information there is

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2976917-transport-in-barcelona-taxi-metro-bus-etc-to-the-city-port-and-airport-all-information-and-questions/page/ 2/#comment-66769869

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Our ship is in port from 8am-6pm.  Plan to take a taxi to Sagrada Familia.  Would a 9:30am entry time be a good time to choose?  Also, when in Italy last year we used the "FREE NOW" taxi app which was so easy and convenient.  It seems as though it works in Barcelona.  Anyone with experience using that app in Barcelona that can confirm?  I've heard people mention the Cabify app but I can't seem to get that one to work on my phone.

5 hours ago, bkjewett said:

Our ship is in port from 8am-6pm.  Plan to take a taxi to Sagrada Familia.  Would a 9:30am entry time be a good time to choose?  Also, when in Italy last year we used the "FREE NOW" taxi app which was so easy and convenient.  It seems as though it works in Barcelona.  Anyone with experience using that app in Barcelona that can confirm?  I've heard people mention the Cabify app but I can't seem to get that one to work on my phone.

Hello, for a fast day visit, let me suggest you to visit the Gothic quarter too

Here you are more information. Any questions you may have, just post after information and I will try to answer them

For transport, I bet you will find all answers here

Anyway, if I were you:

- taxi, taxi or taxi. It is easy to get it. There will be in streets and in the pier. You can choose for getting one in the taxi stand, ask for one in a street or even call for one 

- if you do not want a taxi, Cabify is "Uber's concurrence". A company that just operates in Spain and some other American countries. You will find enough cars in Barcelona. Uber is in Barcelona too but with few few cars.