Koh Samui Ideas?

Cleo21

Next year we will have a port day in Koh Samui, 7am-5pm.  I'm just starting to look at this port and think about what we might do.  There's a Chaweng On Your Own option offered by Celebrity.  It seems safe, half day shopping and beach nearby (but I've heard the beach is not too nice, full of garbage?).  I also know you can just walk off into Nathan Town, again shopping and beach nearby.  That sounds great but we'd also like to see, perhaps, the Big Buddha, Wat Plei Laem, maybe the Secret Buddha Garden. I'm wondering if it might be a safe place to take a Taxi from the Pier, and if so how much would it cost to see these sights, have the driver wait and return us to the  pier?  Also, another option may be a Day Pass at a really nice hotel where we could also get massages or Wellness Treatments.  Anybody know of such places?  Viator has a Wellness Tour that sounds good but it is expensive and quite long, more like something one might do if staying at a resort.  Any ideas or resources are very welcome!

Good Morning from Germany
we have just returned from our cruise that stopped in Ko Samui in January and decided to book a driver for the day that took us around the island and stopped where we wanted.
It was really nice to be independend with a car for us and our friends only and we had a great day on the island.
Driver picked us up and we had to communicate with Googlemaps and a translator. I planned what to do and see in advance and showed it to the driver from one step to the next. We visited temple, a elephant camp, Lamai Beach and stopped for a swim at Chaweng Beach before heading back to the ship in the afternoon.
Can not recommend to stop for swimming at Chaweng due to tides and strong currents very often. Better beaches would be Lamai or the north near the Big Budda.
Costs were approx 80 Euro for car for 8 hours. Booked it via Getyourguide.com

6 hours ago, catweazlecat said:

Good Morning from Germany
we have just returned from our cruise that stopped in Ko Samui in January and decided to book a driver for the day that took us around the island and stopped where we wanted.
It was really nice to be independend with a car for us and our friends only and we had a great day on the island.
Driver picked us up and we had to communicate with Googlemaps and a translator. I planned what to do and see in advance and showed it to the driver from one step to the next. We visited temple, a elephant camp, Lamai Beach and stopped for a swim at Chaweng Beach before heading back to the ship in the afternoon.
Can not recommend to stop for swimming at Chaweng due to tides and strong currents very often. Better beaches would be Lamai or the north near the Big Budda.
Costs were approx 80 Euro for car for 8 hours. Booked it via Getyourguide.com

We booked Mr Koh Samui through Viator with a discount price of $165.00 USD. Private tour for my wife and I. Might have to look at Getyourgide to compare.

• Like 1