Boarding Deck on Discovery in San Pedro?

CruiseMob

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

If you use the aft ramp it's deck 7. The forward ramp is deck 6. 

This is for Discovery in San Pedro. 

You are so right - we boarded forwarded so on 6 - I forgot about aft on 7 ... sorry!

13 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

No, if you don't know, don't guess. On lots of posts. 

I stand corrected...and offer my sincere apologies.  I did not mean to mislead anyone.  I didn't *think* I was guessing at the time...

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 5

Wherever you are on the ship, you can use your Medallion on the wall panels or Medallion App to find directions to where you want to go. If you are asking for reason of mobility limitation, you could request assistance. That glass switchback boarding ramp in San Pedro could be a challenge for those with limitations.

Thanks everyone for the great information. No mobility issues, just an over planner. 😁 i know i want to go to spa upon boarding as I have questions and was just wondering would I need to go up or down or forwarded, so this was really helpful! I have the app and have been getting familiar with the deck plans, so i think im good. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CruiseMob said:

Thanks everyone for the great information. No mobility issues, just an over planner. 😁 i know i want to go to spa upon boarding as I have questions and was just wondering would I need to go up or down or forwarded, so this was really helpful! I have the app and have been getting familiar with the deck plans, so i think im good. Thanks again. 

I sometimes ask the staff when I board. That’s the easiest IMO. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CruiseMob said:

The spa is forward on deck 5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

???

Big rectangular room.  Escalators on both ends.  Green lane is on the far right by that escalator.  Blue lane is in the middle so if you check in at the larger numbers, escalator on the right would be closer.  If you check in at the smaller numbers, you are closer to the escalator on the left.  You can use either escalator.  You could even go to the ship and then switch lines.  Entrances are not that far apart.  You have no opinion as to which person checks you in.  It is just the next available.  Handicap is on the far left near an elevator.  Maybe suites check in there, too.  I did not notice.  Only noticed the handicap because of all the wheelchairs, walkers, and scooters.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Big rectangular room.  Escalators on both ends.  Green lane is on the far right by that escalator.  Blue lane is in the middle so if you check in at the larger numbers, escalator on the right would be closer.  If you check in at the smaller numbers, you are closer to the escalator on the left.  You can use either escalator.  You could even go to the ship and then switch lines.  Entrances are not that far apart.  You have no opinion as to which person checks you in.  It is just the next available.  Handicap is on the far left near an elevator.  Maybe suites check in there, too.  I did not notice.  Only noticed the handicap because of all the wheelchairs, walkers, and scooters.

We don't notice any of this.  We board with the first Elite group.

On 2/9/2024 at 4:33 PM, bullydogs4me said:

Jan 20 we embarked on Deck 6 if that helps ... arrived 10:01 am boarded at 10:30 am took stairs down to Good Spirits and vacation mode engaged...  🙂

image.thumb.png.4e2f1bad2c8f2060c211883d6b18e484.png

They let you on at 10:30?

Yes - took a $7 Lyft from Crown Plaza at 10 am as shuttle situation was kind of a kerfuffle ... got to pier and through security and Green Line by 10:20, 10 minute wait in the Elite lounge...then they led the way to board at 10:30 ... Mimosa and watching safety video on phone in Good Spirits by 10:35 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1