Yukon rail and bus tour- “welcome to Alaska” sign

dizgal64

Just curious, it looks like we could only book the 9:30am tour which does bus first then train. I’ve read a ton of reviews but can’t find out if the Alaska sign is a stop on the bus portion. 

We are currently booked for just the minibus tour. I’m thinking of switching. The bus/rail tour is a LOT longer so we’d also have to cancel the street car Skagway tour which I’m thinking is nothing in compared to this tour. 
Any thoughts?  TIA

I have done a bus/van tour several times (along with combo tour)  and each time we have stopped at the Alaska sign. Each time, the guide takes pictures of each person in front of the sign. No worries.

I prefer spending time in the Yukon vs the Street Car in Skagway. Just my opinion.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Coral said:

I have done a bus/van tour several times (along with combo tour)  and each time we have stopped at the Alaska sign. Each time, the guide takes pictures of each person in front of the sign. No worries.

I prefer spending time in the Yukon vs the Street Car in Skagway. Just my opinion.

Thank you. When you did the combo tour was it bus first?

5 minutes ago, dizgal64 said:

Thank you. When you did the combo tour was it bus first?

I have done both. I have probably been to Alaska more than a dozen times. I never get tired of going into the Yukon. It is beautiful each and every time 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Coral said:

I have done both. I have probably been to Alaska more than a dozen times. I never get tired of going into the Yukon. It is beautiful each and every time 🙂

I’m sure we will absolutely love it but I have about 25 places more I want to get to lol so this might be our only trip there. And I’m not young haha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dizgal64 said:

I’m sure we will absolutely love it but I have about 25 places more I want to get to lol so this might be our only trip there. And I’m not young haha 

I travel other places also 🙂 Alaska is just easier to get to than the other places so if I want a quick getaway, that is it. It is also really hot where I live so it is nice to cool down. I can often get cheap May cruises which going to Europe rarely seems cheap.

I never thought I would like Alaska but absolutely love it.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 7:45 AM, dizgal64 said:

Just curious, it looks like we could only book the 9:30am tour which does bus first then train. I’ve read a ton of reviews but can’t find out if the Alaska sign is a stop on the bus portion. 

We are currently booked for just the minibus tour. I’m thinking of switching. The bus/rail tour is a LOT longer so we’d also have to cancel the street car Skagway tour which I’m thinking is nothing in compared to this tour. 
Any thoughts?  TIA

When we previously did the combo tour, we did rail up and then mini van back. The van stopped at the Welcome to Yukon sign and the Welcome to Alaska sign along with Emerald Lake, Carcross etc. The guide also gave us a driving tour and history of Skagway. Skagway is very small (only a few blocks long). This time we have booked the 0930 which is van up and train down. The van portion will also include stops and commentary. 

• Like 3

On 2/10/2024 at 12:45 PM, Coral said:

I travel other places also 🙂 Alaska is just easier to get to than the other places so if I want a quick getaway, that is it. It is also really hot where I live so it is nice to cool down. I can often get cheap May cruises which going to Europe rarely seems cheap.

I never thought I would like Alaska but absolutely love it.

Oh wow! Yeah, Europe would be easier for me. Scotland next year!! 💃 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 11:25 AM, banditoo said:

When we previously did the combo tour, we did rail up and then mini van back. The van stopped at the Welcome to Yukon sign and the Welcome to Alaska sign along with Emerald Lake, Carcross etc. The guide also gave us a driving tour and history of Skagway. Skagway is very small (only a few blocks long). This time we have booked the 0930 which is van up and train down. The van portion will also include stops and commentary. 

Are you doing the 7.5 hour or the 2.5 hour? I guess I waited too long. 7.5 hour is sold out

20 minutes ago, dizgal64 said:

Are you doing the 7.5 hour or the 2.5 hour? I guess I waited too long. 7.5 hour is sold out

7.5 hour. I don't think you could get there and back in 2.5 hours? Is that just one way?