Need a Good Ft. Lauderdale Hotel - Nov 06

stones902

Hello All,

We need a one night pre-cruise hotel for Ft. Lauderdale in November. I am familiar with several properties in the area but we are finding that the rates for Nov 10 are much higher than we have ever experienced that time of year. Not sure if there is some convention in town using most of the rooms but we would like to book something in the $125 / night range that is close to Port Everglades.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Hello All,

We need a one night pre-cruise hotel for Ft. Lauderdale in November. I am familiar with several properties in the area but we are finding that the rates for Nov 10 are much higher than we have ever experienced that time of year. Not sure if there is some convention in town using most of the rooms but we would like to book something in the $125 / night range that is close to Port Everglades.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

It is expensive because that is a Federal Holiday. Friday, November 10th is Veteran's Day.

I would also check ValueTrips.com for the Amerisuites - you'll need to contact them directly though, as they do show a rate of $79 per night but the small print says it excludes "holidays"...still, worth a try.

If the rate sticks for that date, you can always try the trick I outlined in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=315215.

Currently, Hotwire shows availability for Amerisuites for the night of Nov 10th at $92.

Hope that helps! :D

I wouldn't think rates would be any higher on Veterens day. Many people still have to work on that day.

Are you sure that rates are higher Nov 10, compared to other dates in November? Actually, my calender shows Veterens day on November 11.

IActually, my calender shows Veterens day on November 11.

Veterans Day - or Remembrance Day as we call it Canada - is indeed November 11th; however, since that is a Saturday this year, the Federal/Bank holiday falls on the day before, which would be Friday the 10th.

Stones,

We will also be in FLL on November 10. Today I got a confirmation from valuetrips that we have the Amerisuites 17th street for $75/night on November 9 and 10. So you should be able to get the same price.

We will keep the Amerisuites reservation as a backup, and try to get something better/cheaper on priceline.

I wouldn't think rates would be any higher on Veterens day. Many people still have to work on that day.

Are you sure that rates are higher Nov 10, compared to other dates in November? Actually, my calender shows Veterens day on November 11.

Actually, you would be surprised. I spent many years in hotel management and any federal holiday drives up rates.

Stones,

We will also be in FLL on November 10. Today I got a confirmation from valuetrips that we have the Amerisuites 17th street for $75/night on November 9 and 10. So you should be able to get the same price.

We will keep the Amerisuites reservation as a backup, and try to get something better/cheaper on priceline.

Thanks for all of your replies. Lou, are you sailing on the Radiance also?

I think we are planning on staying at the Amerisuites but are hoping for something a bit better (don't mind spending a bit more for a couple extra $$).

Like everything else...it might be a last minute decision. For what it is worth, we have stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Airport and Cruise Port and been very satisfied and also the Mariott Harbor Beach for a longer pre-cruise stay. I was kind of hoping for the Mariott Marina this time if things worked out.

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Yep, we will be on Radiance November 11.

In the past we've stay at the Embassy Suites and really liked it. $60/night through priceline. I hear that nobody has got it through priceline in the past year.

We may try to get the Renaissance or Pier 66 through priceline later. We want a nice place, but can't spend $200+/night for two nights. It looks like people on priceline are getting Pier 66 for $100+ and Renaissance for $50+. You know about biddingfortravel.com, right?

Good luck with your room search. Let me know if you find any good deals.

Lou

Hi Kurt,

In the past we've stay at the Embassy Suites and really liked it. $60/night through priceline. I hear that nobody has got it through priceline in the past year.

We may try to get the Renaissance or Pier 66 through priceline later. We want a nice place, but can't spend $200+/night for two nights. It looks like people on priceline are getting Pier 66 for $100+ and Renaissance for $50+. You know about biddingfortravel.com, right?

Lou

One of our group is a travel agent who is particularly adept at finding great deals. Another guy sailing w/ us uses Priceline quite a bit to secure his room. I'll let you know what we end up coming up with.

Although we live in Illinois, we will be staying in Punta Gorda, Florida for a week prior to the cruise. We like to board early so we have elected to travel into Ft. Lauderdale the evening before sailing to get an early start on the cruise.

Hi Kurt,

Lou

One of our group is a travel agent who is particularly adept at finding great deals. Another guy sailing w/ us uses Priceline quite a bit to secure his room. I'll let you know what we end up coming up with.

Although we live in Illinois, we will be staying in Punta Gorda, Florida for a week prior to the cruise. We like to board early so we have elected to travel into Ft. Lauderdale the evening before sailing to get an early start on the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

There will be a group of eight of us, sailing on the Radiance on the 11th of November. We have booked 3 rooms at Amerisuites for $75.00 a night for the 9th and 10th through Valuetrips. Glad to hear there are other people that will be there also sailing on the Radiance. Hope to get to know you before we board.

Lisa

coolcamom@yahoo.com

You lucked out with Amerisuites. We cruise in Jan. and valuetrip.com would not allow us to book-didn't have 07 rates. I called hotel directly and they said that they don't have a clue when renovations will begin.

I have spent a lot of time trying to find a decent hotel for about 125.00 or so for precruise night. And I have been cross checking with my AAA book.

Anyone ever stay at the Clarion Beach Hotel?

Found a decent deal (113.00) but don't have any info on it.

Also, considering Hampton Inn FLL airport. Any info on this one would be appreciated.

Thanks

Archived