Not really Welcome Back

Redtravel

I cruise often on Oceania and other cruise lines.  Last year I took 3 O cruises.  On the first cruise, I booked a future cruise.  On the 2nd cruise, I didn’t book a future cruise.  That cruise was in June 2023.  Got home and shortly after got a very nice Welcome Home letter with an offer of $200 off if we booked a future cruise within 45 days of disembarking. Booked in July 2023 for a May 2024 cruise. She took all the info about the coupon and sent it to Oceania. She said as soon as the $200 discount was applied, she would send us an updated invoice.  A few months later, I asked about the discount. She contacted Oceania and was told that it didn’t apply since I booked that cruise onboard.  I didn’t book anything on that June cruise.  Sent the actual coupon to the Miami address on the coupon.  Still nothing.  Final payment for the May 2024 cruise is due this week.  In the scheme of things $200 isn’t much compared to the total cost of a cruise.  Just rather annoyed.  
Did a cruise January 2024.  Also didn’t book a future cruise onboard.  We didn’t get a welcome home letter.

If a company makes an offer, it should honor that offer.  Disappointed in O Dania.

• Like 2

You posted virtually the exact thing a couple of weeks ago.  The answer remains the same, your TA "took info" but didn't send Oceania the actual coupon, she screwed up.  I also seem to recall that you said she gave you a $200 OBC, indicating she knew she screwed up but didn't want to admit it.

Why bring this same issue up again?

"

We took a cruise in June. We didn’t book any future cruises on that cruise. Shortly after returning home( July 1, 2023)we got a nice welcome home letter that had an offer of $200 off any booking made within 45 days of returning home.  Nice gesture.  We looked at future cruises, called our TA, booked a cruise, and told her about the $200 coupon.  That was July 2023.  She said that she would send us an updated invoice as soon as Oceania applied the $200.  Hasn’t happened. We are almost at final payment. Spoke to TA. She said that Oceania thinks we booked onboard and will not honor the $200 coupon. TA knows that this isn’t true.  Has anyone else had any problem with the welcome home voucher?   My TA increased OBC to cover the $200.  "

Edited by shepherd really
  • Like 7