Oil spill in Togabo

cruzinisgood

7 minutes ago, cruzinisgood said:

https://ttweathercenter.com/2024/02/11/tobago-oil-spill-what-you-need-to-know/?fbclid=IwAR14nJGIYfHRZFVDa5u19zmpK1vshJ9QgbUNPkjIaoKtO6Z2VpxwlE6HA3Q

This looks like it will affect where we dock? We are on the Jewel of the Seas Feb 24th sailing. Anyone there now?

We are on the Feb 17th sailing. Also very interested

A person who is onboard this week will also be on the Feb 17th sailing. They are going to let us know on the Feb 17th group on a social media website once they have more information from the ship, and I can repeat that information here once I know more. 

We are also on the Feb 17th sailing and kind of concerned too.   If those stops get cancelled, I wonder if there will be a replacement stop or two or sea days.  

Edited by girlzillla

3 hours ago, girlzillla said:

We are also on the Feb 17th sailing and kind of concerned too.   If those stops get cancelled, I wonder if there will be a replacement stop or two or sea days.  

The oil spill is off the southwest coast of Tobago. The port in Trinidad is on the complete opposite (west) side of Trinidad and nowhere near the spill. I doubt the Trinidad stop would be canceled. 

On Sunday Costa Fortuna did stop in Tobago. The next ship scheduled for Tobago is the Jewel of the Seas on Wednesday so we probably won't know more until Wednesday. 

Edited by SG65CB
  • Like 1

Today (Wednesday February 14) Jewel of the Seas is at the pier in Tobago. 

Edit: posted at the same time but saw the same thing. 

Edited by SG65CB
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Tobago last week (February 21, 2024). One part of the shoreline southwest of the port is covered in oil and cleanup operations are in progress. The oil spill is not affecting the port and is not affecting the major beach and water areas such as Pigeon Point or Buccoo. Excursions are not affected by the oil spill.