Any veterans gatherings onboard?

Esmerelda

My hubby (Marine vet) and I will be sailing on the Apex next month.  I know on RC they have a gathering of vets in a lounge about halfway through their 7 day cruises.  We have met some awesome veterans and families like this.  I didn’t know if Celebrity offered anything like this.  I did search but didn’t locate anything.  Thank you. 

Semper Fi…

Edited by Esmerelda
Misspelled word

55 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

My hubby (Marine vet) and I will be sailing on the Apex next month.  I know on RC they have a gathering of vets in a lounge about halfway through their 7 day cruises.  We have met some awesome veterans and families like this.  I didn’t know if Celebrity offered anything like this.  I did search but didn’t locate anything.  Thank you. 

Semper Fi…

My most recent was on the Apex in March and also on the Eclipse in October and both cruises we had a veteran gathering. Hosted by the CD for both cruises like past cruises. 

Welcome home to your husband. 

• Like 2

On 2/11/2024 at 4:32 PM, cruisestitch said:

Also check the bulletin board or display at Guest Relations.  

We have seen un-hosted veterans gatherings at 10am during at sea days. Recently on the Beyond there was only one get together and it was at 5pm on the second at sea day and was hosted by someone from theater productions if I recall correctly.  So seems to vary by ship/captain - if you dont see it on the plan of the day during an at sea day you can certainly request one. They are generally very accommodating on such requests

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluesifi said:

Are these just open to US Veterans, or can vets’s from UK also attend, as both my husband and I are veterans 

Any Veteran. No matter the country. Welcome home. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Celebrity Ascent Feb 11-18, 2024. We're both veterans and kept looking on the daily listing to see if there were any Veterans get togethers and there were none. There were all other kinds of get togethers but none for Veterans as we'd seen in the past. Not sure why this was so and when I wrote and asked Celebrity customer service I got a response that said that said "there is no information about any Veteran's event scheduled in our current sailings." 

I was told I could contact the Celebrity Engagement Center and was given the number. It's not a formal meeting but an informal one as I explained to the person answering my email but not sure if this was understood.🤔

4 minutes ago, CO Nurse said:

We were on Celebrity Ascent Feb 11-18, 2024. We're both veterans and kept looking on the daily listing to see if there were any Veterans get togethers and there were none. There were all other kinds of get togethers but none for Veterans as we'd seen in the past. Not sure why this was so and when I wrote and asked Celebrity customer service I got a response that said that said "there is no information about any Veteran's event scheduled in our current sailings." 

I was told I could contact the Celebrity Engagement Center and was given the number. It's not a formal meeting but an informal one as I explained to the person answering my email but not sure if this was understood.🤔

Shore side reps and etc. are clueless when it comes to any type of onboard events. Cruise specific. Another good place to look and ask is at the Guest Relations desk. The ones I've attended have always been on a sea day, ~ 11:AM and have been hosted by the CD and sometimes the Capt. will accompany the CD. 

1 hour ago, CO Nurse said:

This is the kind of event that if you want one, you can schedule it yourself and they will put it on the community bulletin board listings for you.