Reserving aquatheater show on NJ sailings

9 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

We will be sailing on the Symphony out of NJ this Fall.  Would it be better to schedule seeing the Aquatheater show when we are further south or as soon as possible?

I usually try to book it first thing in the week so when it gets cancelled they try to reschedule later on . 

However if I was out of NJ , I would probably go with the second available option in hopes to start that clock in a bit calmer waters . No guarantees of course but Odds are definitely in your favour further south

GL

Cheers

P.S. One time we were cancelled 3 times and never got it in at all. That sucked

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Cheers

P.S. One time we were cancelled 3 times and never got it in at all. That sucked

This past October on Oasis from NJ they canceled or cut short every performance. They ended up doing a few "abbreviated shows" on the last night to let people at least see some of it. It was basically a few 20 minute shows with no diving. Luckily we had seen it earlier in the year, but I felt bad for everyone on the ship that were really hoping to see it since it's so good 

BUT I agree, book it for maybe the 3rd night or so. That way you're out of the Northeast, but if it gets canceled, you'll still have other days to try and get there. 

• Like 2

If you dont plan on going far while in Canaveral, book the show that day since the ship will be docked and there wont be any rough seas for the early performance. Yes rain might still happen but at least you've eliminated 1 of the risks.

But also, you say that this October they canceled or cut every performance, so you were on the 10/1 sailing I believe that was in the wake of a hurricane? The 10/8 sailing did not cut a single performance short or cancel even though the last night was pouring and very few people were in the seats. (I watched from the side near the rock wall). When you sail in hurricane season, you never know what will happen even week to week.

• Like 1

Having been on cruises out of Bayonne in October, I would definitely recommend waiting until you hit warmer weather. Not only will the water be calmer further south, but the air temperature will be much more conducive to your enjoyment of the show. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Miloomar said:

If you dont plan on going far while in Canaveral, book the show that day since the ship will be docked and there wont be any rough seas for the early performance. Yes rain might still happen but at least you've eliminated 1 of the risks.

But also, you say that this October they canceled or cut every performance, so you were on the 10/1 sailing I believe that was in the wake of a hurricane? The 10/8 sailing did not cut a single performance short or cancel even though the last night was pouring and very few people were in the seats. (I watched from the side near the rock wall). When you sail in hurricane season, you never know what will happen even week to week.

Yep- it was 10\1. We had some rough weather...nothing enough to cancel ports, which was good...just some windy nights