specialty dining

Lvntrvl

On 2/19/2024 at 3:59 PM, thebsinmiss said:

I have seen various posts about specialty restaurants not being busy later in the evening (last sitting) or even people being asked by Oceania staff if they would like to eat in a specialty restaurant tonight (ie not busy and offering sittings to get people in) 

If we book/use our 4 specialty restaurants and we ask if they have any openings on another night can you get another sitting if its not busy ?  Based on past cruises I could see eating at Red Ginger on multiple occasions.  If they are slow it would seem to be a win win but who knows what management would say about that.

Anyone managed to get more specialty dinners ?

If you are flexible on dates and time you can usually get additional reservations.

• Like 1

You absolutely can get additional reservations, it is always based on AVAILABILITY.  Also, don’t waste a reservation on Embarkation Day unless you have a specific need.  It is historically a light night for reservations in all the Specialty restaurants so just go to the Reservation Desk on Deck 5 when you board and ask for any restaurant availability. If you are flexible, you should have no problem getting one that night AND if does not count against your allocation. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

Though that "flexibility" likely means (1) sharing a table or (2) eating later. Of course, having a PH or a Suite may help in this regard too, certainly versus those in G-B cabins. O never shares their "specialty dining reservation/availability algorithm".

Having done a B2B on Riviera 10-11/2023 first in an A3 and then in a B3, we dined a lot earlier with tables for 2 from our A3. The B3, it was 8:30 or later. And my wife makes the reservations the very minute they open for our cabin level.

On both of our Oceania cruises, we got an extra reservation in Red Ginger on embarkation day at our preferred time of 6:30 p.m. (right at opening). This was for a table of 3 (me, my wife, and her sister). On the Riviera cruise in June 2022, we were in a concierge room, and on the Riviera cruise in January 2024 we were in a PH suite.  Not sure if either of those had any effect on the availability.