Using OBC to purchase excursions online

laurieb

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tonyl1956 said:

I'm not sure whether to even mention this in case they chase me for more money but on our recent cruise, the EXMO Shore Excursion Credit seemed to be treated as simple non-refundable credit by the ship. We didn't book any excursions, though we did book transfers at the end of the cruise. When I booked these, I did ask the guest relations person I talked to whether it would come out of the excursion credit - she looked blank and asked whether it was refundable or non-refundable - another software mismatch between ship and shore?

I am reliably informed that the EXMO $150pp excursion credit is for excursions only.

Transfers are not classified as Excursions. It matters not whether the OBC is refundable or non-refundable, the excursions OBC cannot be used for transfers. 

Edited by blag

1 hour ago, blag said:

I am reliably informed that the EXMO $150pp excursion credit is for excursions only.

Transfers are not classified as Excursions. It matters not whether the OBC is refundable or non-refundable, the excursions OBC cannot be used for transfers. 

I thought the same but also thought that guest relations should have immediately been able to confirm that, rather than look a bit blank! Mind you, I had other issues with that particular staff member but that's another story and not for this thread, if I decide to share it.