Hotels in Copenhagen

Thanks everyone. I've done some looking around and opted for Priceline but no acceptance at $110 for a 3 star.

I like the looks of the Square, recommended by posters here and on tripadvisor. I am also considering the Admiral. Anyone have any experience with this hotel? It looks a bit off the beaten track but they say it's only a 15 minute walk from Tivoli.

Aileen

Sorry the bidding on Priceline is not working out. Don't bother bidding at a higher rate, if you can't get it at $110, then there's simply nothing available at those dates. Doesn't hurt to keep trying up to your time of departure, but have reservations at a hotel as a backup. In terms of the Admiral, isn't that near Ny Havn? If so, I think that's a great location. I would love it. You could have a nice walk to the Little Mermaid, and the Queen's Palace, Amalienborg, is a short walk away too. Also, there's many outside cafe along Ny Havn which is a great place to have a drink and people watch. When I returned to Copenhagen last summer, that was my first destination where my Danish buddy and I became reaquainted over a few Danish beers. Plus, Stroget is just a short walk away too. True, you could walk to Tivoli, even on your way home in the evening as Copenhagen is perfectly safe. But, a taxi would only be a 5-8 min. ride and could save you time if your in a hurry. Isn't the Admiral a converted warehouse, sounds unique to me. In addition, you're closer to the cruise ships, therefore it should cost you less via taxi to go to or from your ship if your on a cruise. Many people seem to want to stay in the area near Tivoli. Myself, I'd prefer the Marriott if I can afford it, or get lucky with Priceline. If not, then I'd be staying in the Ny Havn area, because when I lived in Copenhagen, this was my favorite area. Plus, Copenhagen is really relatively small, definately a walking city, so you're never far from anything. Therefore, if you're considering the Admiral, I find it an excellent choice.

Thanks SWDKE for all the great info. in all your postings!

I'll book a couple of rooms there then as back up. While it would be nice to be closer to Tivoli, I like the idea of a more intimate area, off, but close to, the beaten track.

In the mean time, I'll keep trying Priceline!

Aileen

Archived