Kennedy Space Center Excursion

Hi,

We are on an RC cruise this summer from Port Canaveral and there is an excursion for Kennedy space center with MCO airport transfer included. Has anyone done this excursion? If so what time did you get dropped off at the airport? Our flight is at 10pm so concious that we could end up with a very long wait at the airport...

Thanks 

We did it In September last year and got dropped off at mco around 2.30

it was worth it for us with 2 kids - they wouldn’t have wanted to be at the space station any longer. 
we also looked at the cost of entry to the space station, and the cost of shuttle direct from port to airport - the excursion on Black Friday worked out the same price 

if you fly at 10 you could do it yourselves and get the full day there

2 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

It’s very easy to do on your own.

With a 10pm flight that’s definitely the way I’d go.

You would need to rent a car, wouldn't you?  You need some kind of transportation AND somewhere to store luggage. Not saying it's difficult, but if someone is from overseas and doesn't have DL, that might be a factor. 

1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

You would need to rent a car, wouldn't you?  You need some kind of transportation AND somewhere to store luggage. Not saying it's difficult, but if someone is from overseas and doesn't have DL, that might be a factor. 

You take an uber or lyft to car rental, keep luggage in trunk, explore Kennedy, drop off car at airport.  We saw people from Germany doing the same as us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

You take an uber or lyft to car rental, keep luggage in trunk, explore Kennedy, drop off car at airport.  We saw people from Germany doing the same as us.

As I said, I don't think it's difficult, but there may be extenuating circumstances preventing someone from doing it on their own. 

13 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

As I said, I don't think it's difficult, but there may be extenuating circumstances preventing someone from doing it on their own. 

It really isn't if you plan well.  Especially with a 10pm flight.  We saw the buses from the cruise ship and were thankful we chose a DIY.  As were others we saw.

Thanks all.

We are in Orlando for 2 weeks before the cruise so will have a car then. I'm not actually that bothered about doing Kennedy, just thought it would be the easier option to do. It's coming out at over £400 for us to do the excursion, but I can hire a car for about £70 and then just head to orlando for the day which I think will be the better option for us.

28 minutes ago, cityblue08 said:

Thanks all.

We are in Orlando for 2 weeks before the cruise so will have a car then. I'm not actually that bothered about doing Kennedy, just thought it would be the easier option to do. It's coming out at over £400 for us to do the excursion, but I can hire a car for about £70 and then just head to orlando for the day which I think will be the better option for us.

Don't forget to factor in the cost of tickets to the space center. 

I do agree having your own transportation is easy to DIY.