Any way to know bed position and left hand/right hand layout in balcony cabin from deck plans?

Just wondering if there’s anyway of knowing which way the cabin is arranged just from the deck plans? 

If you enter and the bathroom is on left or right? 

We prefer the layout where the bed is by the balcony doors rather than by the wardrobe.

Walking along the corridors on disembarkation day it seems they alternate but are there any clues on the deck plans which let you know?

One idea I have is that if there’s a 3rd and 4th bed then the bed will be by the wardrobe not the balcony door as this was the case in our recent cabin but I don’t know if this is always true!

Thanks for any input! 

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s worth Googling your cabin number. There are a lot of pics & YouTubes around

Ah yes, good point!  I have done this in the past, was just wondering if any way from the deck plans such as if cabin has extra beds, or for example the end cabin on a section is always right hand or whatever the pattern may or may not be!! 

24 minutes ago, CruisingSarah said:

Ah yes, good point!  I have done this in the past, was just wondering if any way from the deck plans such as if cabin has extra beds, or for example the end cabin on a section is always right hand or whatever the pattern may or may not be!! 

If you look closely at the deck plan here you can see when entering your cabin

14739 the bathroom is on the left and bed near the bathroom.

14741 the bathroom is on the right and the bed is next to the balcony.

If you look in the P&O brochure there are symbols on some cabins with descriptions at the side describing what the signals mean.

Screenshot_20240217_100120_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

If you look closely at the deck plan here you can see when entering your cabin

14739 the bathroom is on the left and bed near the bathroom.

14741 the bathroom is on the right and the bed is next to the balcony.

If you look in the P&O brochure there are symbols on some cabins with descriptions at the side describing what the signals mean.

Screenshot_20240217_100120_com.android.chrome.jpg

thank you very much!!

The photo has cut off a bit but I think I can tell what you mean definitely about the bathroom anyway, but unsure about how you know the bed position? 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CruisingSarah said:

thank you very much!!

The photo has cut off a bit but I think I can tell what you mean definitely about the bathroom anyway, but unsure about how you know the bed position? 

In our experience on P&O,Princess and Royal Caribbean of always staying in a balcony cabin( 65 times) where the bathroom is on the right side when entering the cabin the bed is next to the balcony.

The picture I posted was on Iona and we had been in both cabins.

Screenshot_20240217_104626.jpg

Screenshot_20240217_104546.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

In our experience on P&O,Princess and Royal Caribbean of always staying in a balcony cabin( 65 times) where the bathroom is on the right side when entering the cabin the bed is next to the balcony.

The picture I posted was on Iona and we had been in both cabins.

Screenshot_20240217_104626.jpg

Screenshot_20240217_104546.jpg

thanks so much, this is really helpful and fits with what we’ve had on the past two cruises, I can’t remember previous ones!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CruisingSarah said:

thanks so much, this is really helpful and fits with what we’ve had on the past two cruises, I can’t remember previous ones!

I'm happy to help.

Best wishes for another fantastic cruise.

Graham.

• Thanks 1